Why no ebay linking?

Seriously? if I wanna sell something and I put it on ebay, and advertise it on here for people to bid on, what's wrong with that?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Yeah, but why?

It just seems like there is no reason for it
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Shouldn't that be left to the seller to decide whether they want to support ebay?

Even if I have to pay a little extra with ebay then a strait trade, it's easier to get coned buying/selling w/o ebay.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Then go to Ebay. This is UG. Rules is Rules.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
yeah, the seller doesnt have any rights if he is advertising on someone elses site though. rules are rules. if you want to advertise make your own forum, then its all your rules.
I disagree, with the rule, but I abide..... It would really lift this forum up and help peoples sales, but UG is full of not making sense sometimes.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by AeroRocker
Then go to Ebay. This is UG. Rules is Rules.

basically

UG may be communist but its not THAT communist

if linking was allowed ebays **** and UGs **** would get all tangles and it would end up being one massive ****-tangle
It's just another ploy by the UG mods/admins to control as much as they can. They wont let anyone have any fun and they're all ban hammer friendly. I much prefer my time over at HCAF where you can actually post an ebay link and not get banned.

UG's **** because of the amount of rules put into place/practice.
Signatures are overrated.
If they had a reason, like ebay contacted UG and told them "no, do not link to us!" or something along those line I would understand..

UG bans ebay links why? For no reason, UG just wants to limit its growth, that's all
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
So do you actually have something to sell or did you come here to stir up crap again?
Sorry dude but it would appear you have a problem on here of stirring the pot...
If you want to bring up useless nonsense just to be typing on a forum go back to The Pit. I notice you never did say anything about actually having anything to sell.

Originally Posted by touji-za-nai

i got banned from that just so u know... no biggie
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
I do have something to sell... but guess what smartass?

It's on EBAY
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai

It's on EBAY

edit: and don't go an use a post from my profile, you have no idea what that was about.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai

UG bans ebay links why? For no reason, UG just wants to limit its growth, that's all

LMAO Dude you take the bonehead award with that statement. I am sure that is exactly why they have the rule.
Rules are rules. I think someone already said that. You dont like it or question it. Then take it to the people that enforce, or make, the rules. Don't come on here whining to us about it just to stir up a discussion that should be in the Pits, or not happening at all.

Quote by touji-za-nai

It's on EBAY

Ahh, so you do just want to advertise then...

Read my Go whine to mom and dad about it. Or you could try taking your suggestion to the moderators. Even though they dont make the rules, they do enforce them.
Dont forget sonny.. your number 1

Quote by schismed
Ahh, so you do just want to advertise then...

Read my Go whine to mom and dad about it. Or you could try taking your suggestion to the moderators. Even though they dont make the rules, they do enforce them.
Dont forget sonny.. your number 1

I was seriously asking, maybe somebody knew why exactly we couldn't ebay link. As it isn't made clear in the rules. But, hey... **** you
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
I was seriously asking, maybe somebody knew why exactly we couldn't ebay link. As it isn't made clear in the rules. But, hey... **** you

I really don't like your attitude..

But, UG has no connection to eBay. Why should you be allowed to advertise another site that would not benefit UG? Why doesn't everybody who is selling a guitar-related item on eBay just come on UG right now and post links? It's a popular site, so everybody will see their eBay page! Yay! good for them, bad for UG. That's one reason, k?
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker

But, UG has no connection to eBay. Why should you be allowed to advertise another site that would not benefit UG? Why doesn't everybody who is selling a guitar-related item on eBay just come on UG right now and post links? It's a popular site, so everybody will see their eBay page! Yay! good for them, bad for UG. That's one reason, k?

Because they want to limit thereselves. At least thats what Wonder Boy says...

Quote by AeroRocker

I don't believe posting an ebay link is at all advertising another site. That's just stupid. All posting a link to an ebay item does is give a possible buyer a clear view at an item, a price, feedback from certain parties so they know they're buying with confidence, and many other things; like item descriptions.

Not everybody has the time to crank out an Ebay auction, then crank out a thread on UG where 90% of the people will low ball.
Quote by Moe.
It's just another ploy by the UG mods/admins to control as much as they can. They wont let anyone have any fun and they're all ban hammer friendly. I much prefer my time over at HCAF where you can actually post an ebay link and not get banned.

UG's **** because of the amount of rules put into place/practice.

I thought you were being sarcastic at the start, but then I realised that I completely agree with you.
Quote by Moe.
I don't believe posting an ebay link is at all advertising another site. That's just stupid. All posting a link to an ebay item does is give a possible buyer a clear view at an item, a price, feedback from certain parties so they know they're buying with confidence, and many other things; like item descriptions.

Not everybody has the time to crank out an Ebay auction, then crank out a thread on UG where 90% of the people will low ball.

But alas UG Newbie it is a rule. And this thread is really out of place. He never advertised a thing. He never even tried to mention his username on ebay to give someone a way to find his product he "says" he has for sale. There again, I am lead to believe he is just whining about the rules like my teenage daughter. Just tired of hearing people whine about rules. Rules make the world go around. Some can even be changed. But not by posting a useless message on a forum for people to see that have no bearing on any rule this site has made for ALL users to follow.

It has been my experience that most people who try to sell anything on here are not really out to make a profit, but rather trying to unload gear while helping another fellow musician out.

I'm done now...

Quote by BGSM
I thought you were being sarcastic at the start, but then I realised that I completely agree with you.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I'm 100% truthful when I say that the forum is controlled by a bunch of ban hammer friendly fun Nazi's. Even posting an off topic thread in an off topic forum (the pit) can get you banned.

I've had it with UG.
Quote by schismed
But alas UG Newbie it is a rule. And this thread is really out of place. He never advertised a thing. He never even tried to mention his username on ebay to give someone a way to find his product he "says" he has for sale. There again, I am lead to believe he is just whining about the rules like my teenage daughter. Just tired of hearing people whine about rules. Rules make the world go around. Some can even be changed. But not by posting a useless message on a forum for people to see that have no bearing on any rule this site has made for ALL users to follow.

It has been my experience that most people who try to sell anything on here are not really out to make a profit, but rather trying to unload gear while helping another fellow musician out.

I'm done now...

I agree, rules are rules. But we can whine about it if we want. UG's rules resemble that of China's laws. And if the Chinese can protest about it, why can't we?
Quote by Moe.

I've had it with UG.

But you're still here....

Quote by Moe.
I agree, rules are rules. But we can whine about it if we want. UG's rules resemble that of China's laws. And if the Chinese can protest about it, why can't we?

Yes you can protest just like they do. The difference you ask? They protest to the people that make them. The government.

These forums have absolutely ZERO bearing on any rule you keep harping on.
I can tell you what I tell my teenage daughter...

Dont like the rules? LEAVE!

Quote by Moe.

You do know UG is based in Russia right? And actually, UG is much more a 'communist' (lack of a better word) society than a democracy. However, you won't get banned for voicing your opinion. Although I disagree with some of your opinions, Moe, I appreciate that you are being calm and not acting like a dick.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Although I disagree with some of your opinions, Moe, I appreciate that you are being calm and not acting like a dick.

This made me think...

I am not trying to be a dick. I just get tired of hearing a typical teenage rant about the rules arent fair.

Quote by schismed
This made me think...

I am not trying to be a dick. I just get tired of hearing a typical teenage rant about the rules arent fair.

Oh I wasn't talking about you. Your comment actually made me laugh, as well as made sense.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
You do know UG is based in Russia right? And actually, UG is much more a 'communist' (lack of a better word) society than a democracy. However, you won't get banned for voicing your opinion. Although I disagree with some of your opinions, Moe, I appreciate that you are being calm and not acting like a dick.

Well there's no point in getting pissed off and acting like a dick about it really, It's a forum. I just don't understand why the mods choose to be so harsh on little things like ebay links.
Quote by AeroRocker
Oh I wasn't talking about you. Your comment actually made me laugh, as well as made sense.

I know, but one could see it otherwise. Not that you were pointing a finger. Just trying to clarify.

Quote by schismed

It has been my experience that most people who try to sell anything on here are not really out to make a profit, but rather trying to unload gear while helping another fellow musician out

This this is the most logical and correct answer
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor