Currently debating over two guitar choices. Went down Denmark Street today in London and couldn't find either to have a play with, so I need a little ffeedback on what would be the most logical choice!

I have long desired one of these -

But the nicest guitar I have ever played was a Telecaster, so I am drawn to one of these too -

Currently, I play one of these -

On one of these -

I enjoy playing a lot of bluesy rock like GnR and Zeppelin as well as spacey rock like Pumpkins, Verve, Floyd - not really any metal. I prefer the look of the Gretsch, but wonder if it can compete with the Telecaster for sheer playability... any feedback?

Also, I know the amp isn't the best, but anything bigger is not practical in my current living situation.

Cheers!
love those '72 teles but i much prefer the double bucker version. unless you're after a different sound, already having a double bucker guitar.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
try to find a japanese-made version of that tele.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the same exact tele. Get the tele it is an awesome guitar. The neck kicks ass, and it sounds perfect.
Tele FTW! I would have gotten one if there had been any readily available for a good price when I found my Schecter.
The tele is extremely playable, very comfortable, and it gives some great tone. The only thing it's lacks is that heavier rock/metal tone. Which, from what you say you play, it doesn't sound like you'll need.

Tele fo sho.
Oh wow, one of the hardest choices I've ever seen. I've played and absolutely love both of those guitars... But I'm going to say get the Tele, but find the one with two humbuckers.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
^ same here I've played both and both guitars are great! It's up to you man
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Last edited by SkaJon at Dec 23, 2008,
Ahh the tele is sick, I'd go with it hands down
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects