you have a guitar with emgs according to your sig, what's wrong with those ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
well I mean they work good for it but Is there any better? I want to get a new guitar. I don't know how to change pickups or anything.

i have some sort of EMG select or something and an HZ
yeah, a rectoverb or roadking combo...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

QFT
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
It's the amp I'm afraid. While the EMG HZ is crap it should be more than capable of doing some metallica tones.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i nailed a perfect metallica tone with a johnson practice amp and a digitech heavy metal distortion pedal, digitech has some nice decently priced pedals
But what you really need is a better amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
After listening to a few of the clips, although your tone is alright, it does sound "small".
Pickups won't really help that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
oic.
But, barring a low quality recording setup, I could tell that although you did well for the gear that you have, it could be much better sounding with a new amp.
New pickups won't change your tone much either, especially if you're running a Vox DA.
By small, I meant kind of thin and fizzy.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you really want new pick-ups and want to sound like Metalica: Duncan Blackouts.

But really the emg's you have should work just fine. I would prob go an buy a new amp instead of new pickups. Orange Tiny Terror maybe?
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by Dave_Mc

More like a Mk IV.
I have a guitar with an EMG 81/85 set and another with an HZ in the bridge and honestly, while I generally don't like the HZ anymore and prefer the actives, the HZ gets a better Metallica tone through my setup. I'd have to reiterate what the other guys said and consider a new amp. Trust me I went through the whole "if I change my pups my tone will change" and it will, but nominally. New pups might be better but it's not going to give you a night and day change that you're probably looking for.