Hey everybody, I just want your oppinion on something. I currently have a telecaster, or a form of one, and somebody told me that a les paul would work out better for the kind of music I play. I usually do a lot of drop D tunings, kind of screamo music, but not metal. Is there a certain guitar that is better for this kind of music? I have noticed that a lot of bands I like use les pauls or gibson SGs. I'm just interested in your opinnions, I'm probably not going to buy a guitar anytime soon or anything. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
schecter or esp or summat

not that i own one

just lots of bands like that seem to use em
My gear is a cliche

Epi Les Paul

Marshall 100w

Dunlop Crybaby

one day, i will have a dime distortion.
For drop D i would lean toward Ibanez or ESP
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
schecter or esp or summat are NOT for screamo.

Get a LP or SG instead.
But you know the dude from Hawthorne Heights? (R.I.P )
he played a telecaster.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
some band names would be appreciated, esps are more for metal, id say stick to the SG Les paul theory
Quote by tele432
Hey everybody, I just want your oppinion on something. I currently have a telecaster, or a form of one, and somebody told me that a les paul would work out better for the kind of music I play. I usually do a lot of drop D tunings, kind of screamo music, but not metal. Is there a certain guitar that is better for this kind of music? I have noticed that a lot of bands I like use les pauls or gibson SGs. I'm just interested in your opinnions, I'm probably not going to buy a guitar anytime soon or anything. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

A lot of the Les Pauls would be ESP Eclipse's, those things are monsters when it comes to the post hardcore/screamo genre, they'll go all the way up to metal and deathcore as well quite comforably. That's certainly a cheaper option, but if you have a lot of money, go for the gibson les paul or SG, they'll do the job quite well... At a price.
Quote by UltimateDud
A lot of the Les Pauls would be ESP Eclipse's, those things are monsters when it comes to the post hardcore/screamo genre, they'll go all the way up to metal and deathcore as well quite comforably. That's certainly a cheaper option, but if you have a lot of money, go for the gibson les paul or SG, they'll do the job quite well... At a price.

+1
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Well Jim Root uses a tele and his stuff isn't exactly rainbows and butterflies. If you think a les paul sounds better trade in your tele, if not then keep it. Your best bet is to go to a music store and try everything they have then pick the guitar the you like best based on sound and playability and then take her home!
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
I dont know about a les Paul for you. I think Schecter is a good Idea.
Les Pauls can be really heavy on the low end. If you have a combo,
take it with you to the store and tune it down.

Also..never order a Les Paul...for some reason they can all feel different.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
An LP or SG would work pretty well for screamo music. A lot of the bands in that genre that I know use Les Pauls or SG's.
My Gear:

Schecter Tempest
Roland Cube 60
Boss DS-1
Vox V847A Wah
I completly forgot that I made this post untill now. Sorry about that. But yeah, some of the bands I like include, Saosin, Chiodos, Secret and Whisper, TDWP etc. But none the less, thanks for the advice guys.