I'd like a guitar thats under 1k$ but doesn't compromise on features. I play jazz, metal, and shred.

flame maple top
mahogany body
ebony fretboard
maple neck
HSH pickups (passive)
neck through
25.5 in scale
Good tuners
Double locking trem (no Edge III, please)
No shape preference, just no Vs (I'd love to play one, but theyre so damn uncomfortable)
22 or 24 frets, don't really care that much
Guitar suited for high gain
If it comes to the point where it's too specific, forget that i said i play jazz, it's a minor side thing.
The schecter stiletto classic has all of those features except it has a burled maple top instead of flame and has active EMG pups in an HSS configuration.Other than that I can't really think of anything close to those features for under 1000,sorry mayne.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

The only guitars you're gonna find with a HSH configuration with those specs is Ibanez. If you could deal with different pickup positions there are more choices though.
ehhhh... look at making one yourself perhaps?

i had a bit of a look, and i couldn't find anything that fit those specs exactly, not even sure if it's out there
Quote by l.a.ibanez123
epiphone les paul?

Anyway,I looked,and I'm not even sure if this guitar exists because I couldn't find one that matches up to those exact specs.You may want to look into building it yourself,or ordering a custom build from a company like Carvin.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by stratdud39
schecter c-1 classic would be perfect

They make a classic with a double locking trem? Why didn't I know about this?!

Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Quote by stratdud39
ah srry no they dont
maybe a hellraiser FR?
idk how well that'd do jazz though

My hopes have been raped haha

I love that guitar,but I play trems,so when I read your post I got bad GAS instantly.

Quote by Pr0gNut

My hopes have been raped haha

I love that guitar,but I play trems,so when I read your post I got bad GAS instantly.

lol
well, EMG 81/85s can actually be pretty versatile
i'd go try out a hellraiser, you could probably pull of jazz with it
Quote by stratdud39
lol
well, EMG 81/85s can actually be pretty versatile
i'd go try out a hellraiser, you could probably pull of jazz with it

I've heard good things about the hellraisers,but I'm currently saving up for either a high end ibanez or the ball family reserve JP 7,so I can't be distracted by nifty bargains haha.

Anyway,TS,could you have picked a more difficult -to -find list of specs? I seriously can't find anything

You want to spend under $1000 and you want a flame maple top. I highly doubt you will find one. You might find a guitar with a flame veneer or a photo flame (ala Epiphone guitars), but thats not the same as a true maple top.
^I knew i was being real specific, sorry.

Well the Ibanez S470DXQM sesms best for me, lets just hope it comes in colors other than blue and red.

/thread
Quote by MRavioli
^I knew i was being real specific, sorry.

Well the Ibanez S470DXQM sesms best for me, lets just hope it comes in colors other than blue and red.

/thread

+1 that ibanez is a truly sexy guitar.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
@SeeEmilyPlay: It seems noobish to say, but I figured out the specifications by piecing together the stuff i liked from playing at guitar center.

flame maple top-balances mahogany's warm tone
mahogany body-warm tone
ebony fretboard-great attack
maple neck-smooth, aesthetics
HSH pickups (passive)-My amp doesn't fit with actives and for the range of music(you can see where jazz comes in)
neck through-sustain+upper fret access
25.5 in scale-bigger spaces for fingers
Good tuners-For good tuning
Double locking trem (no Edge III, please)-experiences
No shape preference, just no Vs (I'd love to play one, but theyre so damn uncomfortable)
22 or 24 frets, don't really care that much
Guitar suited for high gain-shred

No clue how this will piece together though.
Jazz and Metal. Hard to do both of them in one guitar..
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)