Just got a line 6 JM4 and im well impressed. Im not a huge fan of line 6 gear to be honest infact I hate it but I had a quick play with this in the shop today and had to have it. Its unbelievable for £200 and will improve my playing massivley I think. Its just so easy to use and the sound quality is pretty good too once its mixed down.

I've done a youtube clip of the first little jam I did after like 10 mins, If your looking for a new toy or something to improve your playing I thoroughly recommend one. . . . .

Click!
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Dec 23, 2008,
Line 6 is good..
Everybody just hates the Spider II/III series
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
<3 l00pers

nice jam
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
man, you really sound like Kirk Hammet

Wait till I break out the wah tomorrow! lol

Nah, I f**in wish
Quote by jscustomguitars
Wait till I break out the wah tomorrow! lol

Nah, I f**in wish

na seriously, a lot of your licks sounded very typical Kirk pull-hammer style.
Suppose, I never really though of myself as being anything like KH playing wise really. Been listenin to Death Magnetic on loop for a while though so maybe its rubbed off lol!
Quote by jscustomguitars
Just got a line 6 JM4 and im well impressed. Im not a huge fan of line 6 gear to be honestm infact I hate it but I had a quick play with this in the shop today and had to have it. Its unbelievable for £200 and will improve my playing massivley I think. Its just so easy to use and the sound quality is pretty good too once its mixed down.

I've done a youtube clip of the first little jam I did after like 10 mins, If your looking for a new toy or something to improve your playing I thouroughly recommend one. . . . .

Click!

effects do not improve your playing
No but the ability to record yourself, play along to that plus a massive amount of backing tracks and drum beats in all different styles, keys and tempos will improve your playing massivley. Not to mention the applications it has for song writing

Effects dont come into it.
Quote by madh4ttr
effects do not improve your playing

No, but they can give you good tone and motivate you n' ****.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
No, but they can give you good tone and motivate you n' ****.

if you need a unit like that for good tone you need to work on your playing n*****
Quote by madh4ttr
if you need a unit like that for good tone you need to work on your playing n*****

woah , that came out wrong.

I typed "good tone n' stuff" and instead of stuff I wrote ****. Sorry
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Dec 23, 2008,
Has nothing to do with getting good tone, tones in the fingers IMO but lets not get into that.

I've been playing for about 11 years and hardly ever play any more and something like this is just the thing I need to get me back at it and make me a better player.
Quote by madh4ttr

dude, it's a backing track. It's meant so you can jam over it, IMPROVING your skills.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I reckon that beats the little boss micro BR I bought last year. I would just love one of those JM4s they're around 300 euros here at the moment a bit too much for spend just now.
Quote by madh4ttr

Why are you ****ting on everyones parade dude?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Why are you ****ting on everyones parade dude?

I would say just look at the username XD

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I would agree that being able to record oneself is an excelent way to improve ones skill. It enables you listen to what you have actually played and to refine it.
Its given be a better understanding of chords and scales in relation to one another, also with harmonies too. I can easily say its the best £200 I've ever spent on gear.

I did think it was a little expensive and thought hard about buying it but after a couple of weeks of using it I'd pay more easily purely because of the amount of stuff its got in it.
I found the same when I got the Boss Micro BR. I really notice a difference in my playing skills when I have been using it. I like best being able to hear what I played and then working on it to make it better.