Page 1 of 2
My band just got signed, we have tours coming in april, im getting an okay signing bonus, about 2-3 thousand dollaz (its paid back through touring/merch, but still its money in hand). its kind of alt/rock, but the solos are fairly high-gain. gotta be all tube, i need a head, not a combo. 50 watts or so, 100 is too much. i tried a bogner alchemist, and it is nice but i dont really like the crunch channel. i am using my own hand-made guitars with various seymour duncans and alnico pickups. two channel, the only effects i use are delay and i might throw a tube-screamer in to beef up the solo's a little... if you want to hear the music you can go to our myspace, www.myspace.com/jpcorwyn

p.s.
i am NOT plugging my band.
sorry, youre plugging your band.

if i were you i'd put the link in the sig
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The music is pretty good, how much are you willing to spend on the amp?
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
I don't think he's pluggin it, I mean he will get better responses if people know the genre and have samples to go by.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Get a Marshall JMP50 (1987) or JTM45, to give yourself a different kind of sound.
id like to spend as little as possible of course, but lets just say price is not an issue. i dont really want a mesa, soldano, bogner...

id rather have a smaller company like egnater (his amps are great but FAR too complicated for the type of music). i dont really want a custom made amp, id much rather have something i can go play for awhile first. there IS a mesa dual rectifier used at guitar center, its got all bad tubes but once they replace them it is 1100, its a 2x12 combo, i think that would be plenty for a good-sized show.
ive got a duel recto half stack and i think it would be a bit extreme in the gain sense for you, although it would still be great. Id go for a JCM2000 DSL 50 or a JVM if you dont mind marshalls, i think they would best suit your style.
Origanally Posted by freedoms_stain
Live webcam shows.
The bigger and blacker the dildo, the more cash.

Originally Posted by neopowell
Holy Christ I haven't laughed that hard since I bummed that clown. Well done!
Quote by Brownie2
Check out a Randall RM100 head. They have space for three different preamp modules, which you can choose from 18 overall. That should be able to get you whatever clean/crunch/hi gain sound you're looking for.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM100M-3Module-100-Watt-Guitar-Amp-Head-?sku=480348

this is what i was going to say. i think it comes in a 50 watt version too.
congrats on the record deal. (i guess im not the only one on UG with a record deal anymore. *wipes tear from eye*)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Peavey 6505 or 5150, DO IT ! lol

Take the 2 outside tubes out to make it 60 watts.

Congratz mate.
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by LP Addict
THIS AMP SOUNDS AWESOME i cant find a price, it must be multiple thousands.

The heads about £1000
Quote by jscustomguitars
Peavey 6505 or 5150, DO IT ! lol

Take the 2 outside tubes out to make it 60 watts.

Congratz mate.

Pretty sure that's waaay too brutal for what he needs.

Some suggestions:

1. Budda Superdrive 45
2. Ceriatone 18w
3. Peavey Windsor
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Pretty sure that's waaay too brutal for what he needs.

Not at all, it doesnt have to be brutal, he could have the rhythm chanel set to a really nice crunch that cleans up really nicely then have the lead chanel for the high gain stuff. I dont think they get the praise they deserve for the crunch thing they do.
Quote by al112987
why not get a Ceriatone Overtone special. I dont know if you're into the whole Dumble style sound, but if you are it's a well priced alternative that really sounds quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwW3ZbnI6Cw

personally, i love the D sound. but i dont think it works very well for anything but fusion and blues rock.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Great work mate, congrats. I'll check you guys out when I get a chance to.

How about an MI Audio Revelation?
Quote by jscustomguitars
Not at all, it doesnt have to be brutal, he could have the rhythm chanel set to a really nice crunch that cleans up really nicely then have the lead chanel for the high gain stuff. I dont think they get the praise they deserve for the crunch thing they do.

Thank you, I hate when people say it's a one-trick pony.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I know you said you don't necessarily want a bogner, but the Bogner Shiva EL34 sounds like it would be right up your ally. Other amps that might be suitable...
Hughes and Kettner Duotone or Statesman
Mesa Lonestar or F-series
Marshall JCM 800 2204
Peavey Classic 30 or 50 head
Orange AD30HTC
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Egnater Tourmaster 4100 Guitar Amp Head and Tourmaster 412A
Peavey Triple XXX Half-Stack
Rivera K-TRE 55 212 55W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
Bogner Alchemist Series 212 40W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo
Soldano Reverb-O-Sonic 50-Watt Dual Channel 2x12 Combo
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo Amp
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
gratz on the signage dude!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Being that Im a Mesa ***** Im sure a Lonestar and definitely a Stiletto would be good for you.
Hiwatt
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Budda Superdrive 45
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
I know you said you don't necessarily want a bogner, but the Bogner Shiva EL34 sounds like it would be right up your ally. Other amps that might be suitable...
Hughes and Kettner Duotone or Statesman
Mesa Lonestar or F-series
Marshall JCM 800 2204
Peavey Classic 30 or 50 head
Orange AD30HTC

YES, jcm 800 ftw

Quote by hans the lefty
Egnater Tourmaster 4100 Guitar Amp Head and Tourmaster 412A
Peavey Triple XXX Half-Stack
Rivera K-TRE 55 212 55W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
Bogner Alchemist Series 212 40W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo
Soldano Reverb-O-Sonic 50-Watt Dual Channel 2x12 Combo
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo Amp

DOUBLE YES, that think looks pure beastly
but i also have to say, valveking..
are you kidding me?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
ive tried the egnater, it will do what i want, but its way too much amp for me, i wont use 1/4 of the knobs/switches. I am interested in the mesa lonestar/stilletto. i really really liked an old mesa dc-5 i had, but i sold it when i got desperate =[
get an egnater- for what you play (ie not alot of outboard fx) this thing is god. switchable from 15-100 watts, 4 channels- incredible tone. check it out. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Egnater-Tourmaster-Series-4100-100W-All-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481827
main guitar-1964 jazzmaster
pedals: peterson-whammy-timmy-landgraff-peachfuzz-metal muff-rmc3-paraeq-phase 90-diamond vibrato-choralflange-timefactor-memorylane 2
main amp-orange or120.
Quote by LP Addict
i'd like to try a good ampeg guitar amp, maybe one of the lee-jackson designed ones?

This is what I was going to suggest.

An Ampeg VL-502, since you want dual channels. Other things to look at are Laneys. Like the VH-100R and the GH-50L.

Other possibilities: Marshall DSL-50, Marshall JVM-210, Orange Rocker 30, Orange AD50 TV, Roccaforte Custom 40, Roccaforte High Gain 40, Bad Cat Hot Cat, Bad Cat Lynx, Budda Superdrive 45, or even a Vox AC50CPH.

The Ampeg VL-502 is an outstanding dual channel amp.
Quote by imgooley

Other possibilities: Marshall DSL-50, Marshall JVM-210, Orange Rocker 30, Orange AD50 TV, Roccaforte Custom 40, Roccaforte High Gain 40, Bad Cat Hot Cat, Bad Cat Lynx, Budda Superdrive 45, or even a Vox AC50CPH.

Sorry, but i love Orange Amps.
Quote by LP Addict
thats what i wanted to hear, i want one so bad, it looks classy as **** all lit up and stuff

You can get one on evilbay for 2-400 dollars. I'm looking for a 501 myself

Quote by AJS19
Sorry, but i love Orange Amps.

The only Orange amp in current production that I would buy is an OR50, but that's single channel.
Quote by LP Addict
thats what i wanted to hear, i want one so bad, it looks classy as **** all lit up and stuff

Mhm I agree.
And, congrats on getting signed! Im jealous.
Hiwatt
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Page 1 of 2