Hey,

I'm going to buy a new guitar and I need some help on what to check out. lWhat do you guys recommend?

Bands I like:slipknot,slayer.mitalica,guns n roses,rage against the machine

Price Range: less then 260 us
you ain't findin too much with that budget... but I'll point you in the direction of low end epiphones, low end ibanez and Yamaha
for that little?
you might be able to get a half decent Agile, and upgrade it later with more money

edit: or a cheap ibanez
be sure to get one with humbuckers, better for the stuff your into
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Dec 23, 2008,
Epiphone les paul special II or ESP LTD H-101

you aren't gonna be able to buy an amp on that budget sorry

no you can't get the guitar to sound like any of those bands without an amp
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Quote by l.a.ibanez123
i recomend ibanez theyr nice, easy to play, and cheap

yeah... listen to him just cause he got ibanez in his name... lol, jk, you just gotta try out guitars and see what you like... I chose a low end Schecter (omen 6) over some of the higher end stuff (C-1 hellraiser, Devil Custom, C-7)
What amp will you be getting?

And I have an Ibanez GRG170DX which is in your budget, I think it's a really nice, high quality guitar (I know I'm biased but oh well) and would be good for those bands you mentioned. Better still would be the RG321MH if you can afford it, its slightly higher quality and doesn't have a tremolo, which I see as a good thing for a beginner.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by hashoom
yamaha

thnx for comments

Yamaha amp?

That's not gonna be the best, but I guess if you start off with a decent guitar then you can just upgrade the amp in a while. Probably the best option on your budget.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
go to guitar center and look for the sg starter kit, or something like that, it comes with an epiphone sg and an amp basically everything youll need for that kind of sound, then you may want to save up for a digitech foot pedal