So i was wondering... i know that the fender squire strat is basically the cheaper and beginner version of a standard but what is the difference between them? Better quality no doubt but what specifically?
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
Quote by al112987
lower quality in... wood? build? hardware? electronics? what else?

Agreed, but replace the pups with some quality ones and you have a great player guitar - and won't get too upset if it gets dinged. I realize the wood and interior electronics are sub par even from the MIM units, but still. Just making a point.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Oh yeah, I used a Squier Affinity Strat for 3 years, it was a solid workhorse guitar. Especially for starting out. It's been to hell and back too (I thought it would be interesting to light it on fire with a candle during a power outage a few years ago, it didn't really do anything haha but it has burn marks all over it, I think it looks pretty cool personally).

I still play it to this very day.
Quote by al112987
Oh yeah, I used a Squier Affinity Strat for 3 years, it was a solid workhorse guitar. Especially for starting out. It's been to hell and back too (I thought it would be interesting to light it on fire with a candle during a power outage a few years ago, it didn't really do anything haha).

I still play it to this very day.

Yea I'm not saying they are all in par with the MIM strats, wood wise etc. But they do make great players if you got a good one. I have 2 affinitys, a strat and a tele/strat abortion. Love them both but I realize that I have less than $200 in each including the upgraded pups. I've played MIMs that aren't as nice but others that whale on my squiers in playability. Still I don't care when my kids bang around on either one. That's what they are for.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Fleabass5
What about the tones you get out of it?

They'll be more or less the same, maybe a different flavouring, but their both using the same pickup configs, so they'll sound somewhat the same.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
so would it be worth getting a standard over a squire
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
As an owner of a Standard with a few friends with Squiers, I would give a hearty "HELL YES" to the Fender.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39