Okey, so im looking for new amp and i just found marshall AVT50XT. Is it good for playing metallica, GnR, Jimi Hendrix or Led Zeppelin ? My price range is 400-800euros, but I can buy that amp only for 440e, so is it worth of money ?
Honeslty there are alot better amps out there. I've seen more AVT's and budget Marshalls come through my tech door then any other amp. Also most people are not found on how they sound.
You have 800 euros and you are looking at an AVT. don't get the avt it's not worth the money. How about peavey classic, laney vc30
Valvestates arent bad, it depends really, are you after a gigging amp, or something for the house or what? I had an AVT amp head and it was pretty good, Nice and good quality not bad tone, nice and solid
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
I've just sold mine...It doesn't really do anything well, it's average too be honest.
I paid £99 for mine second hand and it did the job thoroughly well, but I wouldn't spend 440 euros on it at all.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I would however keep looking cause my TSL 60 cost me less than 800 euro's and it's an awful lot better than what my Valvestate was. It's up to you though really!
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
Quote by ierostyle
are you after a gigging amp, or something for the house or what?

well I need amp for only playing in my room
get a peavey classic 30 and replace the speakers with vintage 30s. You will be in tone heaven for practice/bedroom playing
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Dunno you could shurely get like a DSL, TSL or any kind of Marshall combo amp for that sort of money, some people like Peavey amp heads, some like Marshalls, it depends what your favorite sounds are really. check out what your peers amps are and what it is that makes there sound special to you, work out what you want to take from that sound, but I could recomend anything by Marshall really, apart from MG's obviously, have you tried a valvestate before?
Quote by Bazilisck311
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Wow you can't count!!!!!! lol am I the only Marshall player left here?
Quote by Bazilisck311
^I would count a head and cab to be one option, no?

And no, you aren't. I play a Marshall 8080 valvestate, but the new ones don't hold a candle to it and I wouldn't by one for that price.