Evening all

I am having a slight crisis of conscience. I recently bought a Line6 Spider Valve 212 and am very happy with it but one exception. Its a 40 watt, double Celestion equipped beast. I have a feeling I may have been overcome with desire when I purchased it as I have no real need for this much power as I am not currently gigging and live in a 6 in a block flat with a baby above me and a nightshifter next to me.

My question is would it be worth trading in my mint condition Spider for a Blackstar HT 5 5 watt combo amp, since this is meant to provide adequate power for bedroom use and could easily be mic'd

My style centres around thrash and progressive metal, with other sub genres thrown in as well as some classic rock and classical so a good clean channel is important

I have a strong distortion pedal if there is not a great amount of gain

Finally does anyone with any experience with the Blackstar have any idea how it functions with pedals, as the Line6 is not particularly fond

TL;DR - worth trading a Line6 Spider Valve 212 for a BlackStar HT 5 for bedroom use and light gigging for metal and rock?

Dopey
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Peavey Vypyr. Like the Spider Valve only smaller and better
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
Peavey Vypyr. Like the Spider Valve only smaller and different

Fixed. The Vypyr probably clips at high volumes like most practice amps too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Probably not. I haven't tried the Blackstar, but I tried the Spider Valve at a low volume in a guitar store and I was quite impressed. Even if you keep it at just 1 or 2 when practising you should get a decent sound out of it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by aznrockerdude
Fixed. The Vypyr probably clips at high volumes like most practice amps too.

you obviously have never played one
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
The Blackstar is not exactly a thrashing type amp, even when boosted. I would say Marshall-esque gain at the most. Since the L6 doesnt rely on tubes for its gain, you are fine, just turn it down to practice with
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by bjovi400
Peavey Vypyr. Like the Spider Valve only smaller and better

youre funny
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by bjovi400
you obviously have never played one

At low volumes, I haven't really tried turning it up.

^I agree, you amuse me.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Why not take the Spider valve back and get all your money back for it rather than losing the cash on a trade-in?

And I would recommend the Blackstar. Look at sg_thrasher's clips, they actually can get really heavy. And at low volumes.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Does he boost it? The one I played with we even dimed it out and I could get nowhere near thrashing tones
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge