hey everyone, i am lookign for some insight on the dimarzio super distortion neck pickup, my mom got it for xmas and i and going to try it out in a few days, i was wondering what to expect.

i am going to put it in the neck of my ibanez s series that has a dimarzio mega drive in the bridge.

i use high gain settings and play metalcore/metal/deathcore and signifacant leads.
It's pretty high output... if you don't like it, you should return it and get something more suited for the neck like a Super 2.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I use one in my bridge, but I really don't know if you want one in your neck. I personally feel it makes more sense to have a lower output pickup like a PAF Pro or a Humbucker From Hell (my neck pickup) in the neck, and a high output pickup in the bridge. My 2 cents.
They are great pickups though; very full sounding and rich even with my sh*tty little SS amp. My only gripe is that they get a little to bassy at times, and I favour a more trebly sound.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Think very high gain, think racer x, think Paul Gilbert

It's an awesome pickup.

EDIT- DO NOT PUT THIS IN YOUR NECK PICKUP! BRIDGE ONLY
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Think very high gain, think racer x, think Paul Gilbert

It's an awesome pickup.

EDIT- DO NOT PUT THIS IN YOUR NECK PICKUP! BRIDGE ONLY

I don't know, Dimarzio said it's not that bad in the neck; I'm pretty sure that if paired with an Uber high gain PU like the X2N or the D Activator, it'd be decent.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Dimarzio aren't going to say its bad in any position, you want to place the super distortion in the bridge and get one of these for the neck

Humbucker from Hell

Air Norton

Paf Pro
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
high gain is my preference, not that i hide behind high gain just its a preference i am upgradeing from a low output stock ibanez pickup
Yes, you do know most of your gain comes from your amp? The pickups alter that gain slightly

If you put it in the Neck you will regret it but hey it's up to you
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Dimarzio aren't going to say its bad in any position, you want to place the super distortion in the bridge and get one of these for the neck

Humbucker from Hell

Air Norton

Paf Pro

Well, Michael Romeo from Symphony X uses a Tone Zone in the neck (Dimarzio only recommends it in the bridge), so it's not gonna be the end of the world if he does it.

I still think the Super 2 is the best choice.

EDIT: Ibanez stock pickups aren't generally low gain, just keep that in mind.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420