http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X27-7-String-Electric-Guitar?sku=512448

That.

I've played it before, and loved it, but it wasnt plugged in, as my friend didnt have an amp on him (tubadude)

So, my main question is how this thing holds up, and what would I need to make it a long running axe.

And yes, I realize it says "this product has been discontinued"

I spotted it in my local music shop, and it's there, but I dont know for how long.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X27-7-String-Electric-Guitar?sku=512448

That.

I've played it before, and loved it, but it wasnt plugged in, as my friend didnt have an amp on him (tubadude)

So, my main question is how this thing holds up, and what would I need to make it a long running axe.

And yes, I realize it says "this product has been discontinued"

I spotted it in my local music shop, and it's there, but I dont know for how long.

Eh, I didn't like the neck too much, but for the price, you shouldn't really expect much. Maybe you want look for an used RG7321, Omen 7, or SC-207?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Eh, I didn't like the neck too much, but for the price, you shouldn't really expect much. Maybe you want look for an used RG7321, Omen 7, or SC-207?

The RG's neck is a bit too thin for me, the Omen has a neck that's a bit TOO thick for me, and if the SC-207 is a Schecter? Then I didnt like it much.

Plus, this is really the only possibility seeing as how my mom broke her wallet buying a 360 for my little brother, and this is really the only possibility for her

I figured it would be a guitar I could tweak with a bit, and get some good sounds out of. Project guitar basically.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

For a project guitar, it wouldn't be too bad. Just make sure it's playable enough and try to ignore anything that's easily fixed (obviously).

Did you play tubadude's X27? I heard he did a couple tweaks with his guitar (if it's the same tubadude I'm thinking of).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
For a project guitar, it wouldn't be too bad. Just make sure it's playable enough and try to ignore anything that's easily fixed (obviously).

Did you play tubadude's X27? I heard he did a couple tweaks with his guitar (if it's the same tubadude I'm thinking of).

Yeah, I played his , he tweaked the bridge pup, made it the same as Petrucci's, I forget what it was. It's the tubadude on here, and he owns one , that's the main reason I was considering getting one, seeing as how it was cheap, but it felt great to me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Yeah, I played his , he tweaked the bridge pup, made it the same as Petrucci's, I forget what it was. It's the tubadude on here, and he owns one , that's the main reason I was considering getting one, seeing as how it was cheap, but it felt great to me.

Dimarzio D-Sonic (I think). The stock pickups were okay though, I wasn't expecting much anyways.

You should probably go for it, and have him (tubadude) set up the guitar (and ask for a discount since you're his friend lol).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Dimarzio D-Sonic (I think). The stock pickups were okay though, I wasn't expecting much anyways.

You should probably go for it, and have him (tubadude) set up the guitar (and ask for a discount since you're his friend lol).

For 200 dollars, I wasnt expecting it to feel so good, but I'll definitely swap the pup. *writes that down*

I'll have tubadude set it up, but I'm not buying it off of him , buying it at a local music shop, but I'll definitley ask Austin to set it up.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
For 200 dollars, I wasnt expecting it to feel so good, but I'll definitely swap the pup. *writes that down*

I'll have tubadude set it up, but I'm not buying it off of him , buying it at a local music shop, but I'll definitley ask Austin to set it up.

Oh, okay.

You actually gave me the urge to play one again (confirm my thoughts about it), thanks.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Oh, okay.

You actually gave me the urge to play one again (confirm my thoughts about it), thanks.

No problem, thanks for the advice with this too

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
mine wasny an X27, which i think isnt near as great as my WG587.

i know its after xmas, but if you see one, pick it up. definitely worth it.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!