Why, oh why, would someone buy a half-stack raven as advertised on guitarcenter's website? I can understand a half-stack Spider if you like the effects and want loudness. I can understand wanting an MG stack because, well, it says marshal on it, has some effects, and sounds relatively decent sometimes, but a RAVEN?! they don't have effects. Raven is a no-name brand that, until recently, i had never heard of, and they sound pretty darn bad (imo). I mean, are they just a gimmick to try to get noob players who dont want to spend a lot of money but want a half-stack?

idk, i just felt like ranting...
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
So the noobs are lured in...
Surely when you were starting up you wanted a reaaally big loud amplifier to play out of!
Everyone did! but as your progress you have a better ear for tone and go after that sound that's in your head.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
So the noobs are lured in...
Surely when you were starting up you wanted a reaaally big loud amplifier to play out of!
Everyone did! but as your progress you have a better ear for tone and go after that sound that's in your head.

And ravens arent in anyones head
but theyre loud
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
idk, i just found it frustrating that these amps are basically made specifically to take advantage of people who do know better.

oh well, makes money i guess
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if you can't get a good tone out of that amp i say try again tweak the Knobs. i demo the 75 wats and two of those suckers can sound like a marshall and i own a TSL, its a decent but limited amps..its basically another crate...the gimmick now is the marshall JVM410, but its actually a good travelling amp and can model alot of marshall heads witht he right ear it can sound like Jimmy page, laption, Angus, and more
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
because they are noobs and don't know what tone is yet. and the raven half stack is big, loud, and cheap.
Quote by CommBreakDown
if you can get a good tone out of that amp its you. i demo the 75 wats and two of those suckers can sound like a marshall and i own a TSL, its a decent but limited amps..its basically another crate...the gimmick now is the marshall JVM410, but its actually a good travelling amp and can model alot of marshall heads witht he right ear it can sound like Jimmy page, laption, Angus, and more

o.O or maybe i played a lemon. the amp i played just plain sucked and it was falling apart
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
They are there to take advantage of people that are new to the world of guitar. And they appeal to fact most people want a halfstack. So you get cheap and a halfstack together with a noob and that my friend is business magic my friend....
to put it simply:
Good quality - Bad quality (choose one)
Loud - Quiet (choose one)
Expensive - Cheap (choose one)

that about sums up every amp ever.