Hey guys! This is my first post and i have a serious problem/question.

Im really into the heavier music like Suicide Silence, All shall Perish, Psycroptic ETC.

I recently bought some Low Boomers and i believe the Low E is a .70 but i have a stock Ibanez RG2EX1 and i was reading something about heavier strings bending the bridge and possibly the neck. I hope this cant happen! Please help me before i destroy the only guitar i have!

Thanks in advance!
Take it to a guitar tech and have him change the strings and adjust the truss rod.
yea, pwrmax's idea is a good one. if you're unsure of what to do take it to a pro. this way, if something goes wrong, it's their fault. =P. if i ever need a string change on my guitar i'm bringing it to guitar center or some local shop. but thats because it has a floyd and i don't know what to do lol. don't wanna screw anything up on a new guitar.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
you will probably have to get the nut filed as well. And im thinking a .70 might have trouble fitting in that bridge, but it should work.
well heres the thing. i had to fix the pickup mounts because the CHEAP ibanez designed by emg's have plastic mounts built into the pickup so i had to super glue it. therefore i just cuz the strings and threw on the big ones. Not sure if taking it in will be good they might make me get new strings?
70? I had a set of those once. The 70 is pretty much only useful tuned lower then B.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by mcookrowe
Not sure if taking it in will be good they might make me get new strings?

They can't MAKE you get new strings, only suggest it. They won't turn down a chance to make money unless the guitar is already messed up beyond hope.
Quote by Survivalism
70? Isn't that basically a bass string?

No, bass if usually around 105 for the E.
haha speaking of messed up beyond hope thats what they said when i super glued my neck pickup back together...but of course they will take off the strings to fix the truss rod but thats another $5.99 lol for the strings. but im thinking about getting the K-7 except not the discontinued one haha

BTW i appreciate the super quick responses thank you so much!@
Quote by Chaosinborn
usually string sets are measured by the high E, IE 9 10 11 gauge

But the rest of the strings (11-52) aren't ridiculous, and thus not relevant.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by STABxYOU
But the rest of the strings (11-52) aren't ridiculous, and thus not relevant.

haha yea so i figured not to mention =]
I wanna buy a couple packs of those, so I can steal the 70s for my 7 string.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Well Suicide Silence uses 7 Strings, which would be a really good option in your situation.

But if thats not the case, if you kept the .70 tuned to a low A you might be fine, aside from having to file the nut.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Yeah, I would suggest a 7 string. RG7321 is a great first. Thats what I just bought for drop A
ok ill tune down. if my tuner can even hear that low lmao. *winks*

then again i may say f-it and buy the K7 =]
Quote by Chaosinborn
usually string sets are measured by the high E, IE 9 10 11 gauge

Heavy strings are usually measured by the low E string
as its the 'heavy bottom' a lot of people are after
Quote by brodieyo
Heavy strings are usually measured by the low E string
as its the 'heavy bottom' a lot of people are after

The Heavier the BETTERRRRRRRR
Would have thought you'd have trouble gettin the 70's through the hole in the machinehead? I use Sperzels mostly and you can just about get a 56 through comfortably.