Ok, Im sure there have been tons of threads on fret buzz seeing as it is a common problem but rather than searching forever to find what is probably a simple solution Ive overlooked I figured Id just post.

Ive got fret buzz on the seventh fret of the G string, nowhere else on the guitar, just that fret. I had it on a few of the surrounding frets but I adjusted the truss rod and it fixed that. Ive played with the action a bit and I still get buzz on that fret no matter what. I cant find any frets that arent level (although that seems to be the only possible reason that I can think of).

Is there another possible cause that I overlooked?
hold the note and look at it from the side. hit the note and look for the string coming in contact with any fret. from the seventh, all the way to the twenty fourth, or however many frets are on your neck. there may be a fret that needs to be filed down
I have the same problem but on the b string and it happens at the 6th and 17th fret but nowhere else. and im not sure what to do about it
get your action adjusted
Edit: it could be the fret too
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I think the frets need to be leveled, but I talked to a guy who does it and he wants 160 bucks to do a full setup with fret leveling/dressing....**** that. I have a basic understanding of how to do it, and my strings are due to be changed...I guess Ill give it a shot when I get some new strings.
definately what eclipse said. it may not be obvious, but its there, somewhere...check the pickup polepieces, too...if theyre too high, they can also induce fret buzz

happened to me...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
its not the pole pieces, I think its the 10th fret. Also, theres a typo in the OP, its the 9th fret. Not that that really makes a difference.

Ok, I loosened the strings and took a whetstone to the 10th fret followed by a very fine grain sanding sponge. It helped a little. Ill have to look into properly leveling the frets next time I change my strings. Anyone know a good tutorial? Ive read a few already, but I like to fully understand what Im doing so I can only blame myself when I screw up my stuff XD
Last edited by livrockdie at Dec 23, 2008,
yeah, i kno that sounds wierd, but my POS epiphone had that...just random...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking