1)neck?
2)middle?
3)bridge?

i say
1) area 58
2)vintage heavy blues
3)hs3 or a YJM

to add i have a 300 dollar guitar center gift card , so id like it to be available through them. thats why i picked these three.
Quote by MBradley2011
doesnt Gilmour have signature EMG pups?

no he uses EMG SA's and a EXG and a SPC
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
"i say
1) area 58
2)vintage heavy blues
3)hs3 or a YJM"
Are these your suggestions or are you just wondering if they can get Gilmour's tone?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
why does it have to be dimarzio pickups?

GC sells Fender custom shop pickups do they not?
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by al112987
why does it have to be dimarzio pickups?

GC sells Fender custom shop pickups do they not?

I believe they do (well actually I know that for a fact.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get the Fender Custom Shop '69 pickups
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
my cousin said he tried all the fender pickups, and nothing was ever close to the dimarizo's. i liked the sound of the area 58's in reproduction of the gilmour sound, but the guy at GC said the emg's have terrible highs. so from the opionions of professional musicians, dimarzio's were the best, just a matter of which ones. its going through a crate vtx 200, soon to be a twin reverb reissue though, once i sell my quad
quote from the guy at GC" fender never made good pickups, thats why dimarzio is around, fender pickupss are 1/3 of the power and sound of dimarzio's"
so otherwise, lets say i didnt use dimarzio's or the dg20's (gilmour prewired) what would you guys recommend?
Except that David Gilmour used the stock pickups in his 1969 "black strat" to record most of PF's albums prior to Animals. In which he used a Dimarzio in the bridge, before the Wall in which he switched to a Seymour Duncan.

Second, don't listen to the people at GC for advice. I had a guy try to convince me that I didn't need to bias power tubes in the amp that I built. They seriously have no clue what they are talking about half the time. I've had people there tell me that the cab I run my head through doesn't really matter, I've had people there tell me that a Seymour Duncan JB would fix my tone issues when I had just complained about the shrill and muddy tone of the pickup in the bridge of my les paul (the irony is that the pickup is actually a Seymour Duncan JB). They really just pull stuff out of their ass sometimes and have zero credibility in my mind.

Last, people need to get this through their heads. It's impossible to call a pickup maker that makes as many different models as Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan "the best," some of their pickups are good, some of them suck.

Quote by joecerillo
quote from the guy at GC" fender never made good pickups, thats why dimarzio is around, fender pickupss are 1/3 of the power and sound of dimarzio's"

I rest my case about GC employees. Name any classic recording done with a strat, the majority of those were done with stock pickups, I guess none of those sounded any good. I especially would not trust their opinions on good tone.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 24, 2008,