I have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, and it just hasn't been giving me the high gain when I need it. However I have heard great things about running a Fulldrive and OCD at the same time. So I was wondering what your experiences with combining the two are. And is there a difference if you run one into the other or vice versa?
Feed your mind.
Quote by The Real Ming
Owning both, they do sound good, stacked.

I also like hitting the FD2 with some fuzz.

Does it sound heavier? Like is there a significant amount of gain increase? And which do you run into which?
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
I have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, and it just hasn't been giving me the high gain when I need it. However I have heard great things about running a Fulldrive and OCD at the same time. So I was wondering what your experiences with combining the two are. And is there a difference if you run one into the other or vice versa?

ive tried it, for me its a bit of overkill esp if you are going through gain on your amp, i like eq and od because it shapes and drives your tone.
Quote by Dimeb@g
ive tried it, for me its a bit of overkill esp if you are going through gain on your amp, i like eq and od because it shapes and drives your tone.

For me, Mixing the EQ pedal with the Fulldrive just makes it really loud and nothing else.
Feed your mind.
I like the OCD into the FD2. Yeah, it gets heavy. Like a Marshall, everything on 10, gonna explode heavy. Atleast, thats what I get with my AC15 set clean. OCD: V=10 T= 11 G= 2 --> FD2 V= 10 T = 11 G = 12. All settings are o'clock.
I run a dano cool cat fuzz, level maxed, tone maxed and fuzz at 1.5/10 into my fulldrive too and it gets very high gain. Like Ming said, hitting it with some fuzz is lovely.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by The Real Ming
I like the OCD into the FD2. Yeah, it gets heavy. Like a Marshall, everything on 10, gonna explode heavy. Atleast, thats what I get with my AC15 set clean. OCD: V=10 T= 11 G= 2 --> FD2 V= 10 T = 11 G = 12. All settings are o'clock.

Does it maintain Note Clarity?
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
For me, Mixing the EQ pedal with the Fulldrive just makes it really loud and nothing else.

you arent dialling it in right then (and if you turn down your master volume it wont be a problem).

you have a krank amplifier..why do you require more gain?
Quote by Dimeb@g
you arent dialling it in right then (and if you turn down your master volume it wont be a problem).

I have a Blues Junior amp....
Feed your mind.
Quote by Dimeb@g

That's a Krank distortion pedal he has, not an amp =/
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores