How would the overdrive channel of a peavey classic 30 with say, my Ibanez ts9dx, sound for post-hardcore and metal tones compared to other natural amp overdrives in the price range. I've tried a marshall dsl401, peavey 6505 (I liked this ones distortion the best but it cost $1300 at the store I went to), peavey xxx (liked it, but it broke at the store) and a traynor ycs50. I thought the classic 30 with a tubescreamer sounded alright compared to the other ones that are meant for high gain, and the clean channel was the best out of all the amps I've tried.

So I guess I'm asking if anyone else likes or dislikes a classic 30 plus overdrive tone, and if not, what other amps should I look into.

Also my budget is around $900 Canadian.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Are you looking used? You should be able to find a 6505 or other amp made for high gain in that price range used.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Last edited by Checker at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by Checker
Are you looking used? You should be able to find a 6505 or other amp made for high gain in that price range used.

Your signature is silly, theres no one even under you

Edit: Oh wait..
Quote by Nevermind1299
Your signature is silly, theres no one even under you

Edit: Oh wait..

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
No way that ^ just happened. I loled hard, whether it was a joke or not, but seriously, I thought the classic 30 plus the tubescreamer had enough gain. Not more than enough, but just enough, so I guess I don't need that much U8eR m3talZ gain, but relatively high gain.
And to checker, would you suggest any other amps other than a 6505 as it is not much used in my area, thanks.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
^Also the Triple XXX and JSX are good options, very tough amps that sound awesome and are really good at a lot of tones. Don't be put off by the downer Triple that broke at the store, no company is prefect, and most likly it was probably a tube of some other easy fix. I have used my triple XXX since spring and I love it, it super versatile, has all the gain I would ever need and sounds awesome.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
I know the xxx is very nice and I would like to get one, but I'll have to wait and see if the store is going to see if they can fix it. If it was just a tube malfunction then I will definitely be getting it. Also I'd like to get a jsx but they are too expensive and I haven't been able to find a use one around me.
Gear:
Line6 UX2