i just wanted to know if anyone knew how much you could get at a sam ash for trading in a used epiphone thunderbird bass? It's in pretty good condition.. And do you think it would be better for me to get an MIM jazz (or p) bass or an epiphone eb3?
And i know this sounds stupid but ive been playing 9 months and can ayone one tell me what the action is and what the difference between passive and active is?
Mim jazz or p bass > epiphone eb3

The action is how high the strings are off the fretboard and the difference between passive and active is that passive does not have an onboard eq or preamp and active does. Active basses have that battery on the back that powers their preamp. With the preamp, you can adjust bass, treble, and mids all on the bass guitar itself.
thanks that really helps...i would aim for the highway one or american standard...but im 14 and 1000 dollars is kinda a lot.....what do you think of squiers because most people hat them but it seems like you like yours.. What upgrades have you made to it?
Yeah the squier is perfect if you don't have a lot of money to spend on a high end fender! I love mine and I actually have no upgrades on it, for some reason it's official name is the Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass. So I haven't actually modded it, it's just called that haha! It is easily the best squier out there and rivals some mim fenders!
LOOK FOR USED/OLDER MODELS. I got my Highway 1 for MUCH less than a thousand dollars (and much less than 850 USD which i believe is the retail)...you could too!
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by ccmetz2020
Yeah the squier is perfect if you don't have a lot of money to spend on a high end fender! I love mine and I actually have no upgrades on it, for some reason it's official name is the Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass. So I haven't actually modded it, it's just called that haha! It is easily the best squier out there and rivals some mim fenders!

That's true. My bass teacher has been playing well over 20 years and he said that Squire bass kicks a ton of fenders asses for it's price.