hey guys!,

whats your opinion on the schecter stiletto studio 5? im a begenning bass player thats looking to upgrade, do you think this is the right choice? i want to play everything from jazz to death metal will this bass go that distance?
thanks
I've heard that pretty much anything from the custom 5 and up are great choices, especially when on a budget.
Gear:
Schecter Stiletto Custom-5
Epiphone SG; EMG 85/81 pups
Schecter 006 Deluxe; SD Duncan Distortion Pups
It's my fav. bass that I've ever played. It can produce many different tones, sounds sweet, and plays amazing. The neck is a little chunky but I like that. It came from the factory set up perfectly.

My only complaint is that its kind of heavy because its quite a thick bass.
In my humble opinion, it's the greatest bass in its price range and it even outshines others much more expensive. I was never satisfied with Warwicks, not enough meaty low end for me. I picked this up, and was blown away. I may like it even more than the Stingray I played.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I've never played the Studio 5, but I own an Extreme 4, similar model. It blew my mind the first time I played it, I can't imagine the bass you're looking at being anything but excellent.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
a great bass, especially if you want a modern bass with a solid low end. the spacing is considerably thinner than many fivers, but if you can handle that, go for it.

I've played my Elite 5 (very similar bass) with blues, jazz, alternative, gospel, rock, grunge, funk, and some older metal, and have found it versatile enough for all those genres. I will note that the majority of it's charm is in the lows, the treble on it has never been bad, but it just doesn't stand out.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom