I bought a midisport to connect my old keyboard to garageband so I wouldn't have to use the musical typing anymore. I reinstalled the newest drivers from there website, restarted it multiple times, checked the in and outs to the midi cables and still nothing. The keyboard appears to be sending a signal because the light blinks to the midisport as I play and my mac recognizes it as a midi device. When I enter the audio midi app it recognizes that I'm playing. I've tried a few others too, but still no recognition. Any ideas? The keyboard is a Casio Ctk-491.
Gear:
Agile PRS Copy w/ floyd PS-970
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
I work with Sonar and PCs so im no expert on Garage Band but check the following.

Make sure you are running the IN port of the interface to the OUT port of the keyboard, the OUT of the interface goes to the IN of the keyboard...if you want to send signal to the keys and have them play.

You should need to select a channel and input source so Garage Band knows what to look at.

Im sure someone here who knows the program better will come and help soon.
Yeah tried that... The little light at the bottom of measure count on Garageband lights up every time I hit a key, but it doesn't have any sound...
Gear:
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
well since MIDI is only data, it won't make sound unless you run it though a hardware or software sequencer, (VSTi).

You can record the MIDI data and send it out to the keyboard again to make the actual keyboard play on its own but unless you have some virtual instruments or something in GarageBand to run though you wont get sound in that alone.
The initial track is a software instrument grand piano. I assumed it was VSTi... Does anyone know why sometimes when I play on a software track it keeps part of the loop and others it just erases the whole thing? (The track has no sound to it)
Gear:
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2