Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
I'd check out the ultimate guide to guitar by ZeG, so you can work your way up to understanding HOW to solo.
To be brave is to take action in spite of fear. It is impossible to be brave without first being afraid. To take action without fear is not brave, it is foolish.
Quote by TheGallowsPole
I'd check out the ultimate guide to guitar by ZeG, so you can work your way up to understanding HOW to solo.
lol

Well here's my guide to improvising/solo-ing:

First off, improve your phrasing.

Try to phrase yourself like a singer. Think of it as if you're singing with your guitar. Listen to some singing melodies and try to copy it on your guitar.

Next learn 2 or 3 shapes from a pentatonic scale. Try to become good at moving between each shape and try to be able to play 4 or 5 notes on the same string. This will help your phrasing majorly.

When you get good, play over some backing tracks. You should be able to hear the chord progression and hear which notes are stressed (first beat of every bar). On these stressed notes, try to play chord tones of the chord playing.

Also, learn your theory.

You shouldnt be afraid to use other guys licks (like when uncreativity hits), but you shouldn't ever overuse licks. It's unoriginal, cheap and improvisation sounds so much better.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Well, assuming your an absolute beginner with this. Soloing is quite hard at first... I would also reccomend Zeg,s articles and this site www.myguitarsolo.com
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Rockgod37
Soloing someone please explain it to me or give me a good website to go on.

It's not something that can just be explained to you - it's just something you're going to have to learn. It's not like you can read a couple of articles and then "bingo, I can solo" - it's going to take a lot of listening to music, a lot of studying music, a lot of learning songs, a lot of practice and a lot of time.

Just start at the beginning...learn an easy solo and take it from there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com