Page 1 of 2
Due date is Jan. 5th!

Okay so what you have to do for a Mixed Lines Comp is construct a poem/song by only using lines from previous pieces you've posted. Criteria looks something like this:

- comp piece has to be at least 20-30 lines.
- you can only use two lines at the most from any one piece.
- you have to use lines from at least 10 different pieces.
- the wording of the lines can't be altered, but the line breaks and punctuation can.
- nothing extra can be added.
- if possible choose your lines from more recent pieces.

So the goal is to construct a piece using some of your favorite lines you've written in the past, while still making it cohesive.

I'm only going to have 9 spots open. If you come close to being able to meet the criteria, but not quite, then I may make exceptions. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Then to shake things up, for the final round (which will have 3 contestants) you'll have to mix one of the other remaining contestant's lines following the same criteria.

Any questions, let me know.

1)bazzbeatz
2)VilenceResolves
3)CrakdOnJack
4)#1 5y!\!th
5)DigUpHerSoul
6)snowblizzle 911
7)ZanasCorpse
8)EagleSalon101
9)Fly,Merlott
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Dec 31, 2008,
I'm in.

Can I use poems I've posted in the competitions forum as well as the main one? I know there's been some stuff I enjoyed that I never posted in main S+L but did submit to competitions.

I'm in either way, but I'd like clarification.
How long will we have to write this?

in.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
in.
is there a minimum number of piece extracts?
do we give reference to the pieces we drew from?
only pieces posted on s&l?
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
How long will we have to write this?

in.

Since you don't actually have to write anything I think 5 days from when the sign-ups close should be enough time to get it done.

Quote by Snowblind 911
in.
is there a minimum number of piece extracts?
do we give reference to the pieces we drew from?
only pieces posted on s&l?

I thought I addressed your first question in the criteria, or maybe I just don't understand the question.
Since there'll be so many pieces being drawn from I won't ask for references. I'll assume I can trust everyone to do this honestly.
Only pieces posted in S+L or used in a comp here.
Quote by bassbeat77
the wording of the lines can't be altered, but the line breaks and punctuation can.

Does that mean I couldn't like change a line from
Santa eats cookies
TO
Santa ate cookies
^ Aye, the main problem with mine is viewpoints and tenses are completely different piece to piece.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
^That's kind of supposed to be part of the challenge in choosing lines that will work together, but if it's going to be too much of a problem then I guess we can allow changes that help with tenses.
Nah, that's fine. I'll do me best.
In, if there's still any room....
Vivamus mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum seueriorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!
Quote by bassbeat77

I thought I addressed your first question in the criteria, or maybe I just don't understand the question.

oh, yes, yes you did.
my bad.

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
I'll be a backup.
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.
Zeppelin... sorry you can't be in. Read the first post in this thread and you'll see why.

Fly, Marlowe... you have the last spot.

Okay due date will be set for Jan. 1st.
This is proving hard.
Quote by seventh_angel
****... I missed this...

If you want you can have one ready and be a sub.

Quote by DigUpHerBones
This is proving hard.

Good
It seems these are turning out to be harder than I originally thought. So since I won't be around this weekend anyways I'm changing the due date to Monday, January 5th.

I'm assuming that nobody has a problem with that.

New due date is January 5th.
Do you have to use the whole line? I know it's a silly question, but since it said in the first post that line breaks could be altered, and it's still using all the words (nothing silly like just taking one word, of course).
I'll have it in sometime tonight

Urgh... sorry. Deducting points time, I guess Coursework to do.
I'm not in too much of a hurry with this, so if enough people need an extension then I'll give one.
sorry i've failed this and i'm going away in a few days,
give my spot to a sub and deduct some points, or whatever.

Hope you got my piece....
Page 1 of 2