I didn't know where to put this thread, so I chose here. I will remove if need be.

Anyways, I did a recording with audacity, but its too quiet and I can't figure out how to make it any louder. Any ideas? Thanks.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Riffs and Recordings forum is good for further questions like this.
Try adjusting your mic gain, or your track layer volume.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by metaldud536
Strap a megaphone to your speakers.

Or

In the little box next to the audio track where is says "Mute" and "solo" move the gain bar to the right.

I used the gain, but it created too much static.

Quote by Seth Shadows
Riffs and Recordings forum is good for further questions like this.
Try adjusting your mic gain, or your track layer volume.

What are those?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Highlight the whole thing, go to effects i think (i can't remember the layout) and hit amplify.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
I used the gain, but it created too much static.

Ok well, on the top, under the play, pause, record buttons there is another bar for the volume on the left and next to it is the mic volume. When you record raise the mic volume to make your mic more sensitive.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
I didn't know where to put this thread, so I chose here. I will remove if need be.

Anyways, I did a recording with audacity, but its too quiet and I can't figure out how to make it any louder. Any ideas? Thanks.

When in Audacity, Select the bits you want to turn the volume up, Then go to Effects/efx and choose the option above WahWah (I don't know the option since it's in dutch) but there you could amplify you're recording, Also if you make the recording sound too high it could distort.

And this should be in the riffs and recording i guess
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Had a similiar problem. Levels (volume) were down on the recording devices for Line in and Mic.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
You can double the tracks if it's still not loud enough.

sometimes if you adjust the volume too much it gets all distorted and clippy, but doubling the tracks takes care of this problem.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
touch yourself. XD
Quote by texico11
Outside? What is outside? I know only of the pit!
normalize it?
gibson custom 1957 les paul goldtop darkback reissue
1981 jcm800 2203
Try putting the mic boost on in the computers advandced sound control.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/

you choose wrong.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate