I'm gettin some pedals n **** for chrismas, so what are the best patch cables, and i figure I'll prolly put extra cash into new full length cables, so what is the best on the preformance/cost ratio? I just want something quite and tough, they've gotta hold up to a good bit of abuse. Oh, and what are the pros/cons to the coiled cables?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Coiled cables are longer, so you'll get more capacitance, thus a darker sound.

We need a budget, cost/tone ratio is subjective, but we can tell you whats a good cable for a given price. If you really want the "best" then you're looking at a lot of money.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You didn't give us a budget, like Kevin said.

I'll recommend George L's regardless.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I havent exactly shopped for cables enough to know what a price range would be, but middle of the road price range, nothing super high end, (I dont need it). I have one Monster, and the rest of my cables are just random **** that has somehow come into my posession. sorry if that doesnt help much

Btw, Kevin, you always post in my threads, and for that, I thank you.
Your oppinions have helped me avoid many a ****ty buy.
Kevins the ****ing man.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Wish I could help you more with cables, but I dont' have much experience. I've pretty much stuck to livewires and they haven't let me down. I have been thinking about building some cables from high cable and switchcraft jacks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by aznrockerdude
You didn't give us a budget, like Kevin said.

I'll recommend George L's regardless.

+1

See also Klotz, Lava Cables, Mogami.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
90% of cables are of such an incredibly high quality that you'll never be able to tell a difference. 95% of cables are of such an incredibly high quality that you'll never be able to tell the difference after it's been mic'ed up and is running through a PA at a live gig. The affect of the quality of the cable you use on your sound is somewhere between the thickness of the pick and that fly buzzing around the room about 100 feet from your pick-ups. 99% of it is marketing bull****. By the way, all these statistics were completely made up so I tried to err on the conservative side.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Quote by FlyingBeerman
90% of cables are of such an incredibly high quality that you'll never be able to tell a difference. 95% of cables are of such an incredibly high quality that you'll never be able to tell the difference after it's been mic'ed up and is running through a PA at a live gig. The affect of the quality of the cable you use on your sound is somewhere between the thickness of the pick and that fly buzzing around the room about 100 feet from your pick-ups. 99% of it is marketing bull****. By the way, all these statistics were completely made up so I tried to err on the conservative side.

I think thats pretty accurate.

You can hear the difference between a cheap cheap cheap cable and a cheap/mediocre one, but beyond that, its mostly nonsense really. there's a great article someone linked to in another thread giving scientific evidence of how it really made a practically unnoticeable difference.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
just get livewires or whirlwind. Don't waste your money with these highend patch cables. There is a certain point where you will not beable to hear the difference in quality, and I believe livewires and whirlwind still exceed that point.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
just get livewires or whirlwind. Don't waste your money with these highend patch cables. There is a certain point where you will not beable to hear the difference in quality, and I believe livewires and whirlwind still exceed that point.

True... to an extent. I switched from livewires to George L's and there's definitely a difference. I get what seems like a brighter, less compressed signal from them.

Not to mention, the livewire cable i was using took a **** at a gig. Not cool at all.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.