Poll Options
View poll results: AC30 Vs Rocker 30
Vox Ac30
5 36%
Orange Rocker 30
9 64%
Voters: 14.
I'm choosing between these two amps.
I play pop punk, powerpop, ska, shoegaze/indie.

budget=below $1500.
guitar=SG or Jazzmaster.

which one is your favorite? what are the main differences between the two in terms of gain, tone, breakup, versatility, ect.

I've played an AC30 and loved it, but i've been considering an orange amp for a while, and i think the Rocker is the right one to consider.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
two different amps. The AC30 has a top end chime and has more of a bark, while Oranges typically have more of a lower mids thing going and sound growlier.
Do you have any pedals or is it just the guitar and the amp?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
AC30 cranked would be maybe enough, but i think the Rocker 30 is a much better option.

Like al said, the things growl. Orange did a bunch of amp demos and they make the rocker really scream in it, go check it out.

I just ordered my Rockerverb
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
rocker 30 will sound better for all the mentioned genres except shoegaze. I would go with the rocker 30
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
For what you're doing, I'd say the AC30 (this is coming from someone that is mehhh about Vox) and the Jazzmaster. I could see it covering that range of styles pretty well. I played an AC30 once before... twas alright, but then again, I'm the OMG shredzorz, kinda dude too.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.