I am into playing somewhat fast chord proggressions and fast fingering styles mostly for reggae; bands like slightly stoopid, sublime, marleys, etc. I am interested in getting my first acoustic electric, and i was thinking about fender, but im not sure how tough it is to play with quick hammer ons and pull offs. I have a normal "mitchell" acoustic, and i love the way it feels on the neck. So if anyone knows if fender acoustic electrics are easy to play i general, that would be helpful, and if you can think of a better brand, let me know.(hopefully under $300) thanks
I dont really know anything about that so sorry the only advice I can give you is that you really should go to your nearest guitar shop and try a few out, thats probably the best way to do it.
Try out the fender Cd 60 ce I think its called. Acoustic electric for like $269. I was going to get it but it would have taken too long to save up for.
Other brand. Fender is frowned upon in these parts for shoddy workmanship and QC. At $300, you won't find many, if any, good acoustic electrics.

Check out the Guitars under $300 sticky at the top of the page, as well as the electronics for acoustics page. A pure acoustic + an aftermarket electronics system is the best you can do in the $300 range.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I have a Fender acoustic and it sounds great but plays pretty bad. I'd look elswhere.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by techowiz
Just purchased a TGX accoustic electric.. Best VALUE i've seen in the price range. Excellent build quality. Great sound. Fantastic company to work with.

http://www.guitarimports.com/peal-guitars.htm#Acoustic-Electric_Guitars

Wow, killer price to feature ratio on those.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.