ok, so im thinking about a les paul build. its gona be a bolt-on zach-wylde-bullzye LP with all gold hardware, 24frets and a gold floyd rose. ive pretty much decided my next guitar will have blackouts in it so thats what i priced it for.

I just priced EVERYTHING from warmoth. com. the body, the neck, floyd rose, pickups, tuners, switch, knobs, pots, input jack, wiring, and strap knobs. if i bought everything premade form warmoth it would cost about $1100. but then id still have to put all the parts together. thats a really good deal for a completely uniqe guitar. if i made the body i could make 1 for about $100, instead of the 300 warmoth wanted. so in all i could prolly get away at around $700-$900. a little higher than i first though but still not too bad.

do you guys think this is a reasonable price for a custom LP? or can i do beter? thanks for the help!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
You can do much, much better. Do a little more shopping around for stuff, Warmoth makes you pay out the ass.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
yeah i just started pricing stuff tonight like 30min ago. so how much better are we talking? $50 better or $300 better?

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
nah, i dont wana f*ck it up! but i do want the neck to be just like my Warlock. how do i find out the neck profile and fingerboard radius?

EDIT: hey 420 i mssgd u on myspace and you never ansered me. how much would you charge for a guitar like this?

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
You could definitely save a ton by making your own neck. Give LPAddict a PM about woods for the neck and body. He'll have some really affordable stuff. Also check out different sites like smallbearelectric for pots and wire, etc. They're incredibly cheap.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Buy the neck from warmoth, they have nice necks... Hardware and Pickups on the other hand, I'd get those from guitarfetish.com... Good quality and low pricing...
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
^ NO NO NO

Pickups maybe, if you're on a budget. They are good for the price. But generally you get what you pay for. As for the hardware..it's horrible.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
^ NO NO NO

Pickups maybe, if you're on a budget. They are good for the price. But generally you get what you pay for. As for the hardware..it's horrible.

are you f*cking high? I've bought from fetish before, and i like their hardware. stopbar/T.O.M bridge for my les paul was a great deal, and it compares, if not better, to the original.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
nah, im getting duncan blackouts...actually now that i think of it id rather have the duncan designed version. they are the same parts but assembled in asia and will cost about half the price! but im not really worried about the hardware. im not goin for top-notch but i dont want **** either. the tuners dont really matter cuz im gona have a floyd. i might even spring for the OFR speedloader. i love the one on my Warlock and then i wouldnt need tuners!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
No, skater kevin, I am certainly not high. But I can guess you are the only person that looks at GFS hardware to be high quality.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I was satisfied with the product, so sue me....
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
Quote by f22master
nah, im getting duncan blackouts...actually now that i think of it id rather have the duncan designed version. they are the same parts but assembled in asia and will cost about half the price! but im not really worried about the hardware. im not goin for top-notch but i dont want **** either. the tuners dont really matter cuz im gona have a floyd. i might even spring for the OFR speedloader. i love the one on my Warlock and then i wouldnt need tuners!

I smell a headless LP..... yummmm
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
shop ebay a little too. you may even be able to get a warlock with a busted body or no electronics, or even just the neck. ebay and craigslist are magical. i got the flloyd rose i'm using for my strat rebuild from the classified section of the forums. you've gotta spend some time shopping around, but at least build your own body, its a very satisfying feeling.
Quote by f22master
nah, i dont wana f*ck it up! but i do want the neck to be just like my Warlock. how do i find out the neck profile and fingerboard radius?

EDIT: hey 420 i mssgd u on myspace and you never ansered me. how much would you charge for a guitar like this?

With a preslotted fingerboard there's not too much to mess up. I was scared to start doing necks too.
I got your message but I couldn't reply because your profiles private and I can only message you if I'm your friend and I need your email address to add you.
GFS hardware is complete ****. One guy might love it, but most other people hate it.

Warmoth is really expensive.

Making a neck and body isn't that hard. Definitely not $400 hard. The reason they are so expensive is the tools, time, and knowledge required are all rather vast.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
well the neck was $200. it was a neck through though, not a bolt on. couldnt find a bolt-on so i just estimated they would cost about the same.

and 420, ill PM u my email.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B