Page 1 of 3
What was the first song you ever learned way back when you started playing? (I did a search) For me it was Walk the Line by Johnny Cash.
Smoke on the Water!

I didn't know what it was at the time, I just thought it sounded badass.

That was followed by TNT by AC/DC. Learned both on only the low e string.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
blink 182- Carousel.

and i learned the whole thing in one day on my second time of ever playing a guitar, even tho its pretty easy i was proud of my self.
UUuuuuummmmmmmmm........ I really don't remember!

I think "Blv'd of Broken Dreams" bout a week after American Idiot came out
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Electric Funeral by Black Sabbath. That was before the UG days to it was by ear. Then after that it was mostly Nirvana and American Idiot stuff (I used to be able to play the whole album) then to earlier Green Day stuff then my taste improved in music, although I still like to play some Nirvana and Green Day every now and then
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Wake Me Up When September Ends= Green Day.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
back in black. first time i played it i felt like SUCH a badass
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by Beakwithteeth

Ring of Fire for me. Followed soon after by I Walk the Line and Folsom Prison Blues.

Ha another Cash fan! The only reason I first got a guitar was to learn that song.
The first song I learned to play was Wanted: Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi (Excluding Solo) but, the first full song I learned was Enter Sandman by Metallica. I used to play almost anything I heard though. I played the intros to a lot of songs.
O Canada, then Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution or Iron Man, both around the same time
My first song I learned all the way through was Lay Down by Priestess. I got GH3 an I liked the song and played it to death and thought, "Hey, maybe I could be doing something better with my time, like learning to play the guitar." So, I learned that song first. But now I despise people who "play guitar" but when you give them a guitar they play Iron Man on the low E string.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
rockin in the free world niel young on guitar. this was like two months ago though

on bass it was either taste of ink - the used or joker - steve miller band they both happened around the same time
and i love her by the beatles
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

I Choose by The Offspring
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Smells like Teen Spirit.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)- Green day

And I'm damn proud of that.
?!
First thing I learned, the inspiration for me to play guitar: the intro to Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVAGWywqu34&feature=related). Started on my mother's Baby Taylor Acoustic

First full song: Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd. Such a beauty of a song to learn.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Sequoia Throne - Protest the Hero
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Welcome to the Machine - Pink Floyd

My dad taught me.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Page 1 of 3