I know whats killing me is my lack of rhythm skills such as getting use to using my wrist and not my elbow, but is there any particular method to help learn rhythm?
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
just keep on keeping on with it. Your wrists and arms will get stronger and with time you''ll develop better rythem skills
you know how people pack tobacco in the tins by snapping their wrists, and lately it has been a "cool" way to snap your fingers?

just do that motion

it's kinda like ping pong, you move your arm just to get into position, and then flick your wrist to hit the ball...

idk if any of these helped
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I loosen up my stumming hand (and fretting hand but that's not the point) by flicking my hand from the wrist as if flicking water off my hands after washing them.
Try playing different chord progressions to a metronome set at different speeds, accenting the 2nd and 4th beats for example, then more complex ones. Think of different genres and how different genre's artists would use rhythm to create expression. Have a go at emphasising the weak beats, or using quaver and triplet patterns.
thanks for the response i will try these techniques later today.. but also i feel even more specifics... my up-strum is what is hurting me the most... they just dont sound clean...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
and lately it has been a "cool" way to snap your fingers?

LOL

I was doing this since I was 6 years old. Im 35 now.....
Practice using a metronome and/or along with Tux Guitar/Guitar Pro.
use metronome and practice for example 4 downbeats....then down up down up...then all 4 up beats....then mix it add pauses and add mutes...ull probably stumble a bit but best way i learned
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I'm a rhythm player.

are you having problems with strumming, or keeping rhythm?

if your doing all ups it never sound natural
try UDUUD... mix it up with the downs

sorry i cant help much i just dont have a guitar with me

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal