Page 1 of 3
In an attempt to wean my kid sister off the Disney machine, I started playing music around the house so that she'd at least know what good music is. But I didn't actually anticipate that she would actually like it.

Is it healthy to have an 8 year old girl singing along to Fade To Black, Oasis' Champagne Supernova, Everclear's You Make Me Feel Like A ***** (three I've heard her do in the past) or have I done too good a job?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
She enjoys the same music as you, that makes you lucky. Nothing to worry about.
Feed your mind.
You've done good. She'll outgrow the disney crap. Recommend her other artists like the ones you play and stuff. Before you know it you won't hear anymore Disney garbage in your home.
If you think its bad play i cum blood by cannibal corpse and she should shut up.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Aren't all of those songs ballads?

EDIT: might as well make her listen to the whole Damnation album (Opeth) then.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 24, 2008,
Congratulations. Cherish the moment.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Wait, she likes Fade To Black? I thought you said you were playing good music?

But, hey, who cares what she listens too. I'm glad I listened to the music I did when I was a kid.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by SOADriff
If you think its bad play i cum blood by cannibal corpse and she should shut up.

I dunno, she probably wouldn't know what it means and start singing it, too.

TS, try to recommend her some songs which you like, but are quite suitable to her age.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I was seriously tempted to blast I Cum Blood, but we live in an apartment so even when everyone's at work I'm scared. But I'm not really into metal other than thrash and old school heavy/doom/stoner stuff anyway, and she knows all about weed. I've never given her any, but she's seen me and my mates high before.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Iriathz
I dunno, she probably wouldn't know what it means and start singing it, too.

TS, try to recommend her some songs which you like, but are quite suitable to her age.

Well, I could try Parklife and see what happens. I'm gonna.
Quote by Cathbard
Actually, scratch that. Make her listen to all of Opeth's songs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You done good, son. You done real good. Now see if she'll take a liking to Alice In chains.

I would love see an 8 year old kid walking around singing Hate To Feel. Or better yet, Queen Of The Rodeo.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by aznrockerdude
Actually, scratch that. Make her listen to all of Opeth's songs.

I don't like Opeth, why would I be breeding her for a future in the Pit? I'm not that much of an arsehole.
Quote by Cathbard
Im doing the same

My 10 year old sister used to be one of those Disney-music lovers, but I since turned her on to my music, now shes a huge RHCP and Beatles fan
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by shadow__666
I don't like Opeth, why would I be breeding her for a future in the Pit? I'm not that much of an arsehole.

Then you must be burned at stake too.

And how's that 'breeding her for a future in the Pit'?

Start with something like this and make her work her way up or something.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I vote you make her listen to Jesse Marcartney... No, No, thats horrible...
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by Primus2112
You done good, son. You done real good. Now see if she'll take a liking to Alice In chains.

She knows almost all the words to every song on Facelift. I don't let her swear though (mostly because if Mum found out I'm f*Cked).
Quote by Cathbard
No, it's bad. You did it too early! Now, when she gets to 13, she'll think she's rebelling by listening to rap.
XIAOXI
You asshole! I wish my little sister loved the same music as me.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by Abunai X
No, it's bad. You did it too early! Now, when she gets to 13, she'll think she's rebelling by listening to rap.

This; I introduced Metallica to my brother back when I was a big fan of it, now he listens to Coldplay and The Killers.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude

And how's that 'breeding her for a future in the Pit'?

Because no one I know outside the Pit likes Opeth (that includes my metalhead best mate, who considers them overrated) and everyone in the Pit considers them the reincarntion of Christ.
Quote by Cathbard
I officially love you. You have an 8 year old sister that knows Man In The Box. You should be proud. She likes good music, and it is because of you. Can I be your friend?
Quote by Abunai X

Tupac, Eminem, Public Enemy, Run DMC...they're all welcome in my hood.
Quote by Cathbard
damn....i wish someone had shown me good music when i was that age. i didn't hear hendrix or zeppelin til i was 16 if you can imagine that.
Quote by shadow__666
Because no one I know outside the Pit likes Opeth (that includes my metalhead best mate, who considers them overrated) and everyone in the Pit considers them the reincarntion of Christ.

Are ya fcking kidding me?! Mikael Akerdfelt is Christ.

Nah, seriously though, I can't think of many (metal) bands that are as versatile and unique as Opeth. You should give that song I linked a listen too.

EDIT: me and a couple of other UGers frequent other forums more often than the Pit... and we all listen to Opeth too. A lot of chicks dig Opeth too, which is a bonus.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Wow you have got her off it and she is 8? My sister is like 14 or something and I still can't make her move on.

ugh same here
Quote by shadow__666
Tupac, Eminem, Public Enemy, Run DMC...they're all welcome in my hood.

BUT....can you handle SOULJA BOY?
XIAOXI
*throws pear at Deacon*

16!!!

*hits Deacon in the balls with pear*

How did you survive? Were you locked inside a box?

*Appoligizes to Deacon*

My bad I kinda freaked out.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

You gotta start early while they still listen to you.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by d_dawg900
ugh same here

Pfft. That's nothing. My friend's 17 YEAR OLD sister still can't move on.
I cum blood by cannibal corpse, she would LOVE IT!
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
I still can't understand why people don't like their siblings listening to Disney type music. Yes it sucks, and I can understand why people of the Pit detest it, but seriously, it's just music, and music like that can't possibly have a bad influence on anyone, other than the illusion that the Jonas Brothers are the best rock band ever formed, which isn't really a big deal.
Damn.

Can I contract your services to get every ****ing chick in my high school to stop listening to this Rhianna bitch?
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
me and my brother like the same music. its really cool cause i can listen to his cds and play his guitars! it also makes it easier to convince my parents to let me go to a concert when they know he'll be with me.
Quote by lzcougarz3
I still can't understand why people don't like their siblings listening to Disney type music. Yes it sucks, and I can understand why people of the Pit detest it, but seriously, it's just music, and music like that can't possibly have a bad influence on anyone, other than the illusion that the Jonas Brothers are the best rock band ever formed, which isn't really a big deal.

Yeah, some Disney stuff is alright. I got the High School Musical 3 soundtrack.
XIAOXI
Page 1 of 3