In your opinion, what gear would help to create a metallic sound? It's hard to explain what that means, but it would be sharp tones, my bullet mic for vocals, etc. I am looking into buying a metal resonator guitar, but I'm requesting help on effects and amps. Do certain brands learn toward this type of sound? I don't know if it fits into classic rock or metal or anything specific. Maybe it's more blues / electric folk?
What's your budget? I don't want to recommend a Triple Rectifier when you will never have that kind of money.
Build a large box-like room out of sheet metal. Record inside there at a decent volume. Bingo Live however, I guess you're kind of restricted to playing in metal-walled/roofed venues :/

In all seriousness though, I'm not quite sure what you're after... a twangy, resonator sound? Just get a resonator and you should be there really on the clean channel.

Quote by pwrmax
What's your budget? I don't want to recommend a Triple Rectifier when you will never have that kind of money.

Lol, how would buying a Mesa Triple Recto. stack help him?
I guess what I really want is to avoid anything that would detract from the sound. For example, I wouldn't want to buy new pickups for my guitar or get some sort of pedal that detracts from the "tinny" sound.
Quote by pwrmax

And you know this....how?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
well triple recs sell all the time on ebay check them out definitely got that tinny sound
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Schecter Omen 6
Line 6 Spider III
Dunlop Classic Wah
MXR Phase 90
just get a dobro
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
What the hell? Triple Rectifiers are for a 'metal' (genre) sound, not a 'metallic' sound. You don't need to spend thousands on an over-priced stack, all you need is a decent clean amp in combo form with a decent set of valves.

Buy a resonator, and then look at Fender amps or something that won't alter the sound of the guitar too much on the clean channel. The metallic sound will come from the guitar, not the amp.
Try a metal pick.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by Volta_91
Try a metal pick.

thats actually not a bad idea
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Just get yourself a Ring Modulator....

good call, also as far as guitars go nothing clangs like a telecaster.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by chea_man
just get a dobro

This.