Page 1 of 3
I see thread upon thread labled "most underrated guitarist" and i guess to start a few fights, i decided to do a thread for the most overrated guitarist. My vote:

Yngwie Malmsteen
munky and the dudes pearl jam
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
lol they both suck.
i just ****in hate synister, or wutever u kids call him.
i really do. hes not even that good to me.
hes basically over rated.

hahah
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
The Guy from the Killers.

Someone tell me why he got his own article in this month's Guitar World?
Lolme
Last edited by TheChaz at Aug 11, 2017,
Quote by TheChaz
Synister, Slash, Herman Li, Jack White (He was like number 17 on the Rolling Stones greatest guitarist list WTF!!), Zakk Wylde. I'm not saying that these are bad guitarists (except for Synistera, Herman Li, and Jack white) but they are jsut so overrated it makes me angry!

Yeah, Herman Li can't play worth a **** live.
Jimi Hendrix. He is one of most influential guitarists, but he isn't the best.
Quote by TheChaz
Synister, Slash, Herman Li, Jack White (He was like number 17 on the Rolling Stones greatest guitarist list WTF!!), Zakk Wylde. I'm not saying that these are bad guitarists (except for Synistera, Herman Li, and Jack white) but they are jsut so overrated it makes me angry!

Jack White isn't overrated. He's a modern rock god. He's got his own sound, and he's different from a lot of other guitarists.

I am a fanboy though.

Slash + Zakk Wylde are just pentatonic wankers though imo.
all guitarist who play ibanez are over overrated except joe satriani
mick thompson
steve vai
and the most overrated herman li he is just terrible

and other guitarist
zack wylde
John Frusciante
Duane Allman
John Frusciante
David Gilmoure
Zakk Wylde
the two fellows from Dragonfarce
Jimmy Page
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by IBuriedPaul
Jimi Hendrix. He is one of most influential guitarists, but he isn't the best.

everyone is always arguing about "WHO IS THE BEST GUITAR PLAYER OF ALL TIME?"

all guitarists from all genres play different, everyone has their own style, and one of the most important thing in being a guitarist is creating your own style and style of improvising.

Hendrix isnt overrated, he just gets alot of talk because of his style...and that style is well liked by alot of people

im not trying to prove you wrong im just clarifying and protesting this thread.

basically the thread title should be "WHO IS THE GUITARIST YOU ARE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT!"
'Music is the best"
Zappa
As far as raw overratedness goes, from personal opinion, I'd say Zacky and Synester.
LOL
A7X dude, Herman Li. I wouldn't say Mick Thompson, because he's not nearly as exaulted as other guitarist, but he has his own sound, and some head crushing riffs.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by idioldude
all guitarist who play ibanez are over overrated except joe satriani
steve vai

blow me, vai is a great musician

so is satch

all the others were correct though... especially herman. fucking studioforce.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
i believe every guitarist has the proper respect of musicians/fans based on the skill they contain...betcha weren't expecting that response, were you ts? take that!

honestly, how can you say people like Synester Gates and Herman Li are overrated when clearly, everywhere you look in the pit, people are bashing them? It sounds like those guitarists aren't praised at all, therefore they can't really be considered overrated but instead right were they belong.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
DIMEBAG has a horriable sound and plays the same sh1t over and over again.
Johhny Hiland is overrated.
Jimmy Page is sloppy as all h@ll
Jack White plays as good as an novice.
Zakk Wylde plays nothin but ripped out stolen blues.

Yngwie
. Eddie VanHalen
. Al dimeola
.Joe Walsh
. satriani
.hendrix
Vai
.tony Iommi
.pertrucci
. Clapton
SRV
Brain May
Uli Jon Roth
Brian Setzer
. Jeff Beck
healy
. santana
. paco de luciia
. blackmore
. prince
. buckethead
.Mark Knopfler
.Frank Zappa
. Kim Thayil
derek trucks
Randy Rhoads
Vernon Reid
Last edited by E/G# at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by LoveToBleed
Joe Satriani. Im so sick of his "look at me I'm bald with sunglases" look

this is not about the look. fuck you. satch is one of the best musicians of the century.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Slash is overrated (although he is awesome), izzy is the bomb though
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Jack White sucks a big one..

everything Wylde plays sound the freaking same...
Slash is just too cool to mention
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
basically the thread title should be "WHO IS THE GUITARIST YOU ARE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT!"

seriously, this thread is like "wow look at me, i hate this guy and now i'm going to rip him so I can piss other people off!"

this things are just entirely pointless, the only thing they do is piss people off.
Quote by E/G#

Yngwie
. Eddie VanHalen
. Al dimeola
.Joe Walsh
. satriani
.hendrix
Vai
.tony Iommi
.pertrucci
. Clapton
SRV
Brain May
Uli Jon Roth
Brian Setzer
. Jeff Beck
healy
. santana
. paco de luciia
. blackmore
. prince
. buckethead
.Mark Knopfler
.Frank Zappa
. Kim Thayil
derek trucks
Randy Rhoads
Vernon Reid

I'd really like to see you justify your picks. Especially Beck, de Lucia, Trucks, Blackmore, Clapton and di Meola.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
I'd really like to see you justify your picks. Especially Beck, de Lucia, Trucks, Blackmore, Clapton and di Meola.

Beck is like everybody's favorite guitarist, he's one of those 'legends', god what do they think he did, played with some of the best musicians ever and wrote amazing music or something?
Trucks? WTF? what kind of name is that? this kid is way overrated
Blackmore, god, that guy is way overrated. If I hear smoke on the water one more time i'm going to puke. which means in about an hour when i use it to warm up for practice
Clapton, that guy just plain sucks. I mean all he did is create some of the best and most popular music ever from slow blues to rock with some of the best musicians in rock and blues, thanks to that guy the wahwah pedal is so popular, god without him we wouldn't have slash who is sooooooooooo overrated because he doesn't play superfast enough and isn't precise enough either
and OMFG those guys from Dragonforce who play sooooooo fast, and I hated them for that because they can actually do it live too, because they obviously play with no feel. and then when they did some cool sounding slow solos on the new album i think they're total sellouts for betraying their signature fast sound.

Quote by E/G#

Yngwie
. Eddie VanHalen
. Al dimeola
.Joe Walsh
. satriani
.hendrix
Vai
.tony Iommi
.pertrucci
. Clapton
SRV
Brain May
Uli Jon Roth
Brian Setzer
. Jeff Beck
healy
. santana
. paco de luciia
. blackmore
. prince
. buckethead
.Mark Knopfler
.Frank Zappa
. Kim Thayil
derek trucks
Randy Rhoads
Vernon Reid

Wow, your obviously a troll, explain to me how Zappa is overrated, I'd like to see you write all the instruments for 50+ albums.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by eliterun
Beck is like everybody's favorite guitarist, he's one of those 'legends', god what do they think he did, played with some of the best musicians ever and wrote amazing music or something?
Trucks? WTF? what kind of name is that? this kid is way overrated
Blackmore, god, that guy is way overrated. If I hear smoke on the water one more time i'm going to puke. which means in about an hour when i use it to warm up for practice
Clapton, that guy just plain sucks. I mean all he did is create some of the best and most popular music ever from slow blues to rock with some of the best musicians in rock and blues, thanks to that guy the wahwah pedal is so popular, god without him we wouldn't have slash who is sooooooooooo overrated because he doesn't play superfast enough and isn't precise enough either
and OMFG those guys from Dragonforce who play sooooooo fast, and I hated them for that because they can actually do it live too, because they obviously play with no feel. and then when they did some cool sounding slow solos on the new album i think they're total sellouts for betraying their signature fast sound.

Lol, I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about. Beck is probably the most underrated guitarist there is. His technique and his style are unparalleled. Also, if you think the only thing Blackmore has done is Smoke on the Water, you're a ****ing idiot. Clapton has an amazing voice, and great blues rock chops. Listen to Disraeli Gears, Bluesbreakers with Clapton, and you don't like Trucks because of his name? You're a ****ing idiot. Also, you never explain why you don't like di Meola...

Who are some of your favorites by the way?
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I agree with synester and zacky. i was never a big avenged sevenfold fan.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Page 1 of 3