Just a song I wrote for my girlfriend for Christmas, but I would like to know if it's a good song nonetheless. Let me know what you think about the harmonizing, the main guitar riff, and maybe the lyrics. Crit for crit of course

It's called Hold You Quietly, dmusic link is in my sig.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Last edited by MrDinkleberry at Dec 24, 2008,
I quite like it, it's very moving, and I'm sure your girlfriend will love it

The lyrics are the kind that you'd listen to after a breakup, or when you're kind of depressed, just to get that little boost of happiness back. It's a very upbeat song, and I like it quite a lot. The main guitar riff is quite catchy too...*hums along in head*

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

very nice, I like it. I agree with the person above, it's catchy and a very happy sounding song. your girlfriend will definitely love it!
Thanks for the crit! We were going through a hard time which is why I wrote it, just never showed it to her. Shoot me a PM whenever you have other recordings I'll be sure to crit them for ya.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
First of all, I like the title of the song. I think that the title of a song is really important, and Hold You Quietly is a good one. Vocals are exceptional, would be good to hear some more power in your singing for the main parts of the song. Interesting guitar riff thing, I didn't love it but it was nice with the singing. Good song, lyrics are good too.
Nice singing. You sound almost like youre trying to sing quietly like some do to "cover up a lack of skill", but for you the skill is obviously there, so sing a little more confidently if anything. The guitar part is basic but good - could maybe use some arpeggiated licks or something?
C4C in my sig?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Yeah, you're singing like your in from Christmas Break and trying not to wake your family up haha or something like that, but other than that all I can say is

=O gah damn, that's AMAZING!

As soon as your song was done playing, my iTunes was on shuffle and it went to Jack Johnson- what an awesome transition!

You're good dude, you should really pursue your music, never doubt yourself.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Thanks very much for d critque

wow i like your song alot, you're singing quitely, to me its like your singing a sort of lullaby to the one you love, i get that kinda vibe from it anyway. Could that be something you were trying for?
i enjoy the guitar work, its basic but fits around the lyrics perfectly imo. i like the quite playing leading into the higher chords and louder vocals.
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com