is there a difference in quality? Ive been looking into the S series and im wondering if the only difference is a shiny finish and inlay?
I have an Ibanez RG at the moment, I've played with a few from the S series and they're awesome. The whole guitar body is thinner, the neck seems a bit thinner too, just a joy to play. If you have a choice between an RG and the S, spend the extra bit of money and get the S, you won't regret it.
Quote by jamsea
I have an Ibanez RG at the moment, I've played with a few from the S series and they're awesome. The whole guitar body is thinner, the neck seems a bit thinner too, just a joy to play. If you have a choice between an RG and the S, spend the extra bit of money and get the S, you won't regret it.

That has no relation to the TS's question!

Anyways, it's pretty much a different finish and inlay. Same bridge (w00t!) and same shoddy pickups. With the difference in cash, you could get the S320 and a new set of pickups!
Last edited by Mwoit at Dec 24, 2008,
The s320 is pwn
and yeah use the money you have left over for pups
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I would buy the 520 just because the 320 has the most unbearably poor finish ever.
^it's reall thin that;'s all

and yes mine is wearing of after two months
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Horlicks
I would buy the 520 just because the 320 has the most unbearably poor finish ever.

+1
And the 520 has a maple top. And a HSH config (trust me, you'll need the coil. It's also the better pickup IMO).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i have the 520. the one id say TS should want is the 470 because of the HSH. i hate the inlays on that thing though.

The only reason i bought my 520 is because the offer was only £250 so i had to snap it up. Great guitar all round though, very smooth finish.