There's no one on the byoc boards so I'll try here. Sorry for the huge post/pics.

Ok so I just spent the last couple hours putting this "confidence" boost together and it doesn't work. In fact, when I turn it on, it just cuts out the sound. I was trying to make it to these specifications:

But there are a few things that I messed up on which could probably be the cause.
First of all, there was this that I didn't do:

I wasn't exactly sure which of the lugs was + or - so I just did w/e. Could someone show me with this:

Here's what it looks like now:

Also, I used different jacks, these to be precise:

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=6007&Category_Code=JAC

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=6010&Category_Code=JAC

But for the stereo, I didn't know which side to use or which was the ring, sleeve, or tip.

I used this side: From right to left I did ring, sleeve, then tip. Good or bad?

Instead of this side:

And for the mono, I wasn't sure which was the sleeve or tip.

I used the one on the left as the sleeve and the one on the right as the tip. Right or wrong?

Or maybe it could be my soldering joints?

Or how badly I wired the pot and jacks? Notice the excess wire coming out the the holes. That can't be good.

Maybe I did something bad putting the board together? It looks fine to me.

And just a couple things about the LED. To connect the 4.7k resistor, I just soldered one end of it to the short leg of the LED (cathode right?) and the other end directly to the pcb. And with the long leg, I directly soldered it to slot 1 on the 3dpt switch. Should I not have done that? And just for clarification, the long leg of the LED, the anode, is the negative end and the short leg, cathode, is the positive, right? I wasn't too sure about that either. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

I'd like to start with the d/c, input, and output jacks. Can someone tell me if the way I did them was right or not (I'm almost certain that the d/c jack is wrong). And about the LED positive/negative legs too. Thanks.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
Epiphone G-400 1968 w/ Mean 90
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
it could easily be all the messy wiring, it looks like you have a few cold solders as well as the excess wire being jumbled all over the place

your placement of rings, sleeves, and tips was right

if i were you, id rewire the whole thing
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Yeah, it was already suggested that I redo it, but I'll do that tomorrow. How do you know that I have cold joints? How do you tell? Was I right about the led? Or the d/c jack?
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Holy sh it!

I am not going to read the text at all. Learn how to solder and try again. I bet your build will be fine. You have so many "shotty" joints.

So many of your wires are shorting out/touching others.
sort out the wires, tin them before soldering them in place
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
*sigh* Ok I'm gonna redo the wiring today, but I still need to know about the led and how to tell if a joint is bad or not.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
The soldering is brutal. But on the jacks you can only solder to one side as when a jack is inserted the the tabs are lifted out of contact on the other side.
Ok so I rewired it and it looks way better, but it still doesn't work.I have a pretty good feeling that the fault is the d/c power jack and battery snap 'cause those are the only things I'm not sure about the wiring. Here's what it looks like:

How is it?

Edit: This has been bugging me too:

What's supposed to happen there?
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Last edited by alucarDuo at Dec 24, 2008,