I used a $3,000 Gibson Les Paul (some special model) on both of these babies.

Here's the comparison

CLEANS: Both of these amps have very similar sounding cleans. I almost couldn't tell the difference. The cleans from both of these amps have sort of a bassy sound (I guess cuz of the 4x12 cab) and ringed gorgeously. Both are tied in this area.

CRUNCH: The JVM has a Crunch channel which isn't really crunchy in my opinion. To me it sounded like a boosted version of the cleans. This channel would probably be good for dirty blues and such. The Orange AD30HTC does not have a crunch channel but if u can tweak gain levels you can get crunch tones out of it too. I prefer the Orange here because it sounds more organic. Nonetheless, both sound similar in this area too.

OVERDRIVE: Here's where I spent most of the time between these two amps. On the JVM, I used the OD1 channel. It basically sounds exactly what you expect from a Marshall. Nice chunky thick snarling overdrive. PERFECT for Led Zeppelin (if gain is adjusted), and heavier rock bands like ACDC and Guns n Roses. The Orange AD30HTC overdrive was absolutely amazing. It was chunky thick and smooth. It did not sound as edgy as the JVM, but it had a warmer and more organic sound which I personally love. Again, PERFECT for the bands I mentioned above. I would give the edge to Orange on this one because I would prefer a warmer and more organic sound to a similar but more edgy overdrive.

METAL: Well JVM has OD2 Channel and it is basically a Metallica sounding OD. Great for classic metal and heavy metal. I doubt it can play SUPER heavy metal, but it will do metal fans good. The Orange has a limit, it can't go much farther than a heavy organic rock overdrive. So in this case, the JVM wins when it comes to the Metal sound.

The basic summary is that the JVM and Orange had very similar cleans, the crunch channel both can do well equally, the OD on the JVM sounds more edgy and badass, while the OD on the Orange sounded warmer and organic (still an amazing chunky OD), and for Metal, the JVM can play heavier stuff due to the OD2 Channel which is perfect for Metallica type OD and the Orange just doesn't get heavier than hard rock basically.

BOTH WERE PHENOMENAL AMPS...just thought I'd put it out there. If anyone has experience with these two, feel free to talk about the sounds u got from them.
"(Monster cable)....oh they're durable. You can
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Being mainly a metal player, I really dislike the JVM. I think for the price there's many other amps out there I'd be looking at before the JVM for that aspect. It covers lower gain applications well, but then again, I'd rather have something else.

The JVM is pretty much Marshall's answer to the Mesa Road King. Imo, it's not even a contest between which of the two is better, but then there's also a large price difference, if you're buying new. A lot of people over at HC seem to really like the JVM though, I don't really get it, guess it's just not my thing

The AD30 is awesome though for the tones it can get
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Orange, no questions asked. The JVM is just, well, decent. The AD series are a class of their own when cranked.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Orange, no questions asked. The JVM is just, well, decent. The AD series are a class of their own when cranked.

x60
The JVM is just so flat sounding imo. The orange is great, but if you want the marshall tone though, try out the 1987 or the 1959 its about the same price as the jvm, though soooo much better sounding. Not great for metal though, but imo buying either of the amps for that purpose would be absurd
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
I tried an Orange AD30HTC once, I never wanted to let go.

Never tried the JVM, but the prevailing opinion here is that they aren't worth their pricetag.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Never tried the JVM, but the prevailing opinion here is that they aren't worth their pricetag.

the prevailing opinion around here is 9 times out of 10 from a 15 year old kid that still haven't found their voice on guitar yet.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
the prevailing opinion around here is 9 times out of 10 from a 15 year old kid that still haven't found their voice on guitar yet.

True, but it isn't widespread enough to be a bandwagon in the tube amp or used Classic 30 mould.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales