going for a new tube combo
plz dont suggest anything else...unless of course it absoluetely better than ALL 5 amps
*** I play Blues, classic rock, rock, jazz, pop, punk, funk (I DONT play metal)
*** I use pedals...so if an amp doesnt work well with pedals..imma forget about it

1. Fender HotRod Deluxe
2. Peavey classic 30
3. Traynor ycv50 Blues
4. Orange Rocker 30
5. Orange tiny terror (duno if i should cuz its only 15watts..imma be giging quite a bit..at places as big as school gyms)

PLEASE make sure u tell me why u choose it...like explain a little
im definately going to try them all out but ya i just wanna ask

At the moment...im leaning towards the Traynor and the classic 30..cuz ive heard the fender is not nearly as versitile plus the drive sounds bad....havnt tried out orange yet
Traynor YCS50. The YCV is good but the YCS can cover a larger range of music. If you decide on this amp I will give you the secret formula for tubes.

I don't think the hotrod should be in that list, nor the tiny terror but the others are also good. I mean the Tiny Terror has a nice tone but it's way too simple of an amp and you won't have much clean headroom.
classic 30 is what you want. or maybe the hot rod deluxe.

dont pick the tiny terror, not so much because it isnt loud enough, but because it has no headroom whatsoever, because orange tried to make a single channel amp that could do high gain. it worked, and sounds great, but as a result, your jazz, pop, and funk plans are ruined.

but yea, peavey classic 30 would be what i would pick, but i have a sneaking suspicion you will like the hot rod deluxe

edit: and the people who dont like fender distortion are usually BROOTALZ metalheads. its fine for what you're after
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
Traynor YCS50. The YCV is good but the YCS can cover a larger range of music. If you decide on this amp I will give you the secret formula for tubes.

I don't think the hotrod should be in that list, nor the tiny terror but the others are also good. I mean the Tiny Terror has a nice tone but it's way too simple of an amp and you won't have much clean headroom.

1. why shouldnt the hotrod be in there??
2. can u just tell me the tube secret because if i like it at the store..ill just get it that day AND the tubes

thnks very much
thats a pretty versatile list of genres but none are super high gain.
if youre playing harder rock the hot rod deluxe might not have enough, though.
your best bet is probably the traynor or peavey.
the rocker 30 might work too if you have the extra cash.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
the 50watter

if youre playing funk in a gym un mic'd you're going to need a lot of clean headroom
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
id say the traynor or peavey. if you go for the peavey for your needs maybe get the classic 30. definatly look used with the classic series, they are much cheaper. and the rocker 30, does that fit your range. cuz that adds allmost 1000 dollars to the classic. if you can get that id go for that one.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
the 50watter

if youre playing funk in a gym un mic'd you're going to need a lot of clean headroom

The 40 watter, AKA, the HRD, can pull that off just as well. Wouldn't have to turn it up past 3 (out of 12) for a school gym.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
The 40 watter, AKA, the HRD, can pull that off just as well. Wouldn't have to turn it up past 3 (out of 12) for a school gym.

i didnt know the HRD was 40 >__<

my guitarist has a BD and he playes it on at least 4 for practising in a small club

then again the drummer smacks the crap out of his kit

personally i'd prefer the voicing of the traynor for classic rock and blues
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
my suggestions is the Rocker 30 Blows everything else on the list away

but if you want to get a traynor I would suggest an old yba 1 or something like it basically plexi clones
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Antimage27
1. why shouldnt the hotrod be in there??
2. can u just tell me the tube secret because if i like it at the store..ill just get it that day AND the tubes

thnks very much

Ok I will give you the formula for great tone. Here it is...

First of all it helps if all your tubes are up to specs. Okay in v1 put an Electroharmonix 12ax7EH. In v3, put a Tung Sol 12ax7 Reissue. These will give you a nice balanced range of output so in v2 this tube is personal preference really. You could try a JJ or a Chinese, but I have a NOS RCA 7025 that sounds great there. In the power section I am really liking the Tung Sol 5881's.

This amp like this sounds great for country right up to heavy metal and everything in between.
Last edited by TubeAmpGuy at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
Ok I will give you the formula for great tone. Here it is...

First of all it helps if all your tubes are up to specs. Okay in v1 put an Electroharmonix 12ax7EH. In v3, put a Tung Sol 12ax7 Reissue. These will give you a nice balanced range of output so in v2 this tube is personal preference really. You could try a JJ or a Chinese, but I have a NOS RCA 7025 that sounds great there. In the power section I am really liking the Tung Sol 5881's.

This amp like this sounds great for country right up to heavy metal and everything in between.

thnx a lot man...just wondering how much would that cost?? just for the add-ons cuz ive never done any modding on my stuff before
also would i be able to get those at L&M ?
Quote by ihavenoname93
and the people who dont like fender distortion are usually BROOTALZ metalheads. its fine for what you're after

I don't like it and I'm no metalhead. It's too fizzy, muddy.
IMO
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, you'd need to order them online.

Don't worry about tube upgrades right now, though.

oh ..ic thanks
1. Fender HotRod Deluxe Best cleans here, plenty of head room for gigs. Terrible overdrive. Takes pedals well, the fx loop sucks (doesn't sound good)
*Whoever said something about it being loud on three, that's because of the potentiometer used, at 3 it's basically as loud as it will go, it'll only get a little louder and start breaking up past that point.
**I've owned one

2. Peavey classic 30 Good amp for the money, versatile. Nice cleans, not as good as the fender, but still good. The overdrive is much better than the fenders. Not a bad choice, but....
3. Traynor ycv50 Blues Best amp here IMO, great cleans, almost as good as the fenders, amazing overdrive, I almost bought one were it not for it's size and power. This is the amp I'd pick if I was you
4. Orange Rocker 30 Ok, does a nice crunch, but the amp is overall too dark and fizzy for me. Sounds better cranked, but just didn't do anything for me. Terrible value in the US. Cleans were way too warm as well.
5. Orange tiny terror (duno if i should cuz its only 15watts..imma be giging quite a bit..at places as big as school gyms) As above, only worse
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Traynors sound really nice, my brother has one. It sounds kinda Marshally when distorted, but with nice, bright cleans.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Kevin Saale
1. Fender HotRod Deluxe Best cleans here, plenty of head room for gigs. Terrible overdrive. Takes pedals well, the fx loop sucks (doesn't sound good)
*Whoever said something about it being loud on three, that's because of the potentiometer used, at 3 it's basically as loud as it will go, it'll only get a little louder and start breaking up past that point.
**I've owned one

2. Peavey classic 30 Good amp for the money, versatile. Nice cleans, not as good as the fender, but still good. The overdrive is much better than the fenders. Not a bad choice, but....
3. Traynor ycv50 Blues Best amp here IMO, great cleans, almost as good as the fenders, amazing overdrive, I almost bought one were it not for it's size and power. This is the amp I'd pick if I was you
4. Orange Rocker 30 Ok, does a nice crunch, but the amp is overall too dark and fizzy for me. Sounds better cranked, but just didn't do anything for me. Terrible value in the US. Cleans were way too warm as well.
5. Orange tiny terror (duno if i should cuz its only 15watts..imma be giging quite a bit..at places as big as school gyms) As above, only worse

very helpful lol
thanks very much
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, you'd need to order them online.

Don't worry about tube upgrades right now, though.

gosh so troublesome lol
Quote by STABxYOU
Traynors sound really nice, my brother has one. It sounds kinda Marshally when distorted, but with nice, bright cleans.

It does sound almost like a marshall.

I'd go with Traynor. I just got one and I'm in love, distorted channel is amaaazing when you crank it
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Quote by Kevin Saale
**I've owned one

This is pretty much spot on, I actually prefer the Peavey Classic 30 over the Fender Hot Rod though. The overdrive on the Hot Rod to me is just too soft and mushy sounding to me.
Quote by ThisILove
It does sound almost like a marshall.

I'd go with Traynor. I just got one and I'm in love, distorted channel is amaaazing when you crank it

i got a marshall mg100dfx....the doesnt sound that great to be honest lol
There is a reaosn why some Marshalls cost $200 while others cost $2000...
Quote by al112987
There is a reaosn why some Marshalls cost $200 while others cost $2000...

how bad is my current amp then ?
it costed me almost 500
When he said Marshall he was talking about expensive, all-tube, JCM series Marshall tone. Your amp isn't bad for practicing, but it by no means sounds like what anybody means when they say Marshall.
Quote by sg4ever
When he said Marshall he was talking about expensive, all-tube, JCM series Marshall tone. Your amp isn't bad for practicing, but it by no means sounds like what anybody means when they say Marshall.

lol never heard wat an expensive marshall sounds like..i hope its a lot better than my current amp XD
Quote by Antimage27
how bad is my current amp then ?
it costed me almost 500

Terrible. Cost, not costed btw.

You were ripped off.

And yes, you have heard what an expensive all tube Marshall sounds like. Listen to pretty much 60s or 70s rock and you will hear tons of expensive Marshall.
I'd go with the traynor as well. REALLY good amps.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
I made a couple crappy vids of some tones from my amp.. Used my laptop's built in camera and microphone but it turned out ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlMjtws0w0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTs0DQOHo-A

The cleans are nice too.... will have to make some more...
The money city tone is pretty solid.

Heres a good short demo sound of the amp too.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
i liked the traynor ycv20 and 40 i tried. depends on where you are, in the USA and Canada they're good value, in Europe, not so much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by echo_4190
The money city tone is pretty solid.

Heres a good short demo sound of the amp too.

wheres the demo ??
Traynor are bombs, They are cheap, They sound amazing, fender cleans, Marshall od , THEY ARE RELIABLE AS ****. + Big warranty + They look good
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
beleive he was referring to the two clips i posted earlier.

Actually no, I had thought I linked to one, but I guess I forgot. Sorry. My Bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uWqrPBWjIg&feature=related

that's the link I was going to post. :P

and +1 ^ for mentioning pretty much the best warranty around. Its nice to know that even if you get mad and throw it at your bassist, they'll fix it for you.
Quote by echo_4190
Actually no, I had thought I linked to one, but I guess I forgot. Sorry. My Bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uWqrPBWjIg&feature=related

that's the link I was going to post. :P

and +1 ^ for mentioning pretty much the best warranty around. Its nice to know that even if you get mad and throw it at your bassist, they'll fix it for you.

Ah yes some Electric Gypsy on the Traynor.