anyone know how to fix the neck on dive on an epi t-bird? And are fender MIM p-basses good and are they neck heavy?
Get rid of it. That will help 100%. MIM P-basses will not dive on you. Rest assured.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
MIM P is better than the T-bird in every possible way, apart from looks depending on opinion. Srsly, get the P.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
He likes his Tbird, guys...leave him alone

Yeah repositioning the strap button higher will help. A nice big leather strap will help too. Also, if you play it high, you can rest your right forearm on it to hold it down. I was doing that on my fiver before I even figured out that it dived.
Nope, no sig here.
Reposition strap button, big strap. Oh, and you can't wear a thunderbird high- it looks wrong.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Oh, and you can't wear a thunderbird high- it looks wrong.

True, though it doesn't have to be too high...waist-level should do it. Like so:
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 24, 2008,
A big strap will work wonders, but trust me after a few months you won't even notice it.
Quote by bassman4694
there not even supposed to be waist level. look at sixx

ok lets be fair, the only thing nikki sixx used his tbird for was to snort coke off
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
ok lets be fair, the only thing nikki sixx used his tbird for was to snort coke off

quoted for truth.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by skater dan0

To TS, install a strap button at the heel of the neck.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Get the Fender P, I have a Squier and it doesn't dive on you
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by smb
Tie loads of helium balloons to the headstock.

that might actually be cool.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Me and a friend had an idea about helping with the neck dive, if your willing to spend some time upgrading a strap. Basically, cut a SMALL hole in your strap, and stitch around it. Then get a leather lace (for reliability) and thread it through the hole. Tie to a belt loop on the back of your jeans, but not too tight that the bass is pulled around your body. That should hold the bass in position.

Or you could put a new strap button on your bass, use a thick strap and not let go of the neck. These are tried and tested methods of repairing the neck dive.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
Quote by the humanity
that might actually be cool.
It'd be awesome and you know it.