I need help finding a good acoustic guitar best suited for my cousin who is 6 years old. What do you guys reccommend?
What sort of price range are you looking for? A good quality guitar that will last and still be quality as your cousin grows is the Baby Taylor. It is nice and small but still has a great sound and isn't one of those cheap guitar that wil turn to crap.
Check out the little yamaha. It's a touch over 100.00 dollars and souds really good for a lilttle guitar!
Baby Taylors are quite expensive. I would probably recommend an Art & Lutherie Ami. It's a parlour sized guitar so it's small, but even when your cousin grows up, he'll still be able to use it since it's a full sized guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
rogue ra 101b
60 bucks, smaller, and sounds great
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly
and so loud the whole shop can't hear themselves think
and with the worst amp settings possible

[/rant]

+1
I just got an Epiphone AL. Sounds great! It was 100$ discounted for the holidays at Daddy's Junky Music.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by BlackandSilver
I just got an Epiphone AL. Sounds great! It was 100$ discounted for the holidays at Daddy's Junky Music.

It's great except for the sharp frets
I think if it was my decision i'd go with the Captivate's Art et Lutherie Ami. They sound/look really good, plus their craftsmanship is top notch.
A cheap, small one, half size. Quality will be wasted on a six year old.

To a six year old, it will be nothing more than a sound making toy, unless your cousin is some sort of child prodigy.

I would by a $39 Kmart special. See if your cousin plays with it for more than five minutes.

Make sure it has nylon strings.
there is a mitchell acoustic for about $100 that sounds amazing, especially for the price. I would go with that because it is very easy to play compared to other acoustics.
Quote by fyrefly
A cheap, small one, half size. Quality will be wasted on a six year old.

To a six year old, it will be nothing more than a sound making toy, unless your cousin is some sort of child prodigy.

I would by a $39 Kmart special. See if your cousin plays with it for more than five minutes.

Make sure it has nylon strings.

I agree with this poster. Unless you have alot of money to throw away on a guitar that may or may not be used as a toy, go with one from Kmart or Walmart. We bought our son one from Walmart (First Act) for about $70 a few years back. It came with the acoustic guitar, gig bag, and a nice instruction book with a CD to go with the book and play along with. We wanted to make sure he would take an interest in it before we invested in a good one. After the first year of owning his first guitar, he invested in an electric one, and has since bought another one. He now owns a Gibson signature series electric guitar. Good luck. It is always so inspiring to see young people with such awesome talent.