Im slowly dabbling into buying a new electric guitar, i play an Epiphone les Paul special II now with mile high action, trhough a squire amp, bblehhhhhhh...

I get most of my kicks from my dean acoustic =] which i actually love.

anyways I am thinking of buying a new guitar and I am looking for a Santana-ish tone, and kinda this tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goRLd_r7m38

but i was at GC the other night and played a 1972 Tele Reissue ( MIM ) for $750

The guitar was pretty, and had the most amazing neck i`ve ever played on , aside from some martin acoustics and a les paul that was wayy to expensive,

Now Should i buy the guitar just because i like the neck on it?

here are the pros and cons

PROS.

GREAT neck,
Does have humbuckers and not single coil,
versatile tones from reviews i have read
AMAZING NECK, to reiterate
somewhat unique

CONS

alder body,
still a bit twangy,
Made in mexic ( not really a con but idk if i want to pay 750 for it , cause i could see many imperfections in the work on the guitar, few dings, hacked up pickguard around the pickups, and this odd waxy looking stuff on the frets,)
If there were a few dings and scratches on the guitar you could get them to bump the price down for you.
If you're talking about the Fender Telecaster '72 Deluxe (one with 2 x widerange humbuckers) those are GREAT guitars. I've heard many great things about it. They're unlike traditional Tele's, this one has a fat gritty tone, and sound very good on distortion.

However, Fender stocked these with 250k Potentiometers, which makes the neck pickup sound very muddy. All you have to do is replace all pots to 500k except for the one on tone control for bridge (I think) and the guitar will sound much much better. For more information, go read reviews at review harmony.

I was going to get this guitar but I couldn't find any in my local store so I ended up getting a LP studio.

Oh, and people will probably tell you to get a new amp before a guitar.

Good luck on everything

PS. They're $750.00 new on musicianfriends and every other big guitar retail stores. If the quality is bad, try to knock off the price or try to find another one. As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with it being MIM. I heard they had good actions/fits etc.
Last edited by ovvyiljs at Dec 24, 2008,
Sounds to me like you need to lower your action and buy a new amp.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
If you're unhappy with your current guitar, a new amp won't suddenly make it more playable for you. Its up to you as to what you ultimately want: a guitar that you can easily play and is comfy with a bad amp, or good tone with an unplayable guitar.
I have had the action lower on my Les Paul and it just gives me a ton of fret buzz,

I am looking into getting a new amp too, most likely a Peavey Vypr 15 which is just another 100 dollars on top of the guitar, but seeing as i am just practicing and jamming around now i am not in dire need of a new amp.
YES YOU SHOULD.

Enough said..

They are fantastic guitars.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by BalkanGitarist
Made in mexic ( not really a con but idk if i want to pay 750 for it , cause i could see many imperfections in the work on the guitar, few dings, hacked up pickguard around the pickups, and this odd waxy looking stuff on the frets,)

Eww, I don't think I'd spend $750 for a guitar that's all hacked up looking with goo on the frets. I would of complained if my Epiphone has that, and it cost half as much.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2