Ok, bought a new Maton acoustic electric em325c...with an Maton AP-5 pickup, which has two mid-controls, plus the standard treble, bass, volume.

Except, I've got no clue what the mid-controls do. Can anyone help me?
theyre the mid frequencies and bass is the lower and treble is the higher. dont know how your guitar sounds so just play with it until you get a sound you like.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
okay for acoustic guitar i'm not too sure.

anyway the mid frequencies are the most audible frequency to a humans ears. so boosting the mids will help u to 'cut' through the band, if u're playing in one. but some players, for example metal players dont like boosting mids cos they tend to give a very nasal tone, so they scoop their mids, which, causes their guitars to be lost in the mix.

so, thats all i can tell u.. hope it helps
Less mids - warmer sound, and vice versa...more mids help you cut through the band as well when ur doing leads...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
thanks for the words guys, very helpful!

and futsalman....most awesomest guitar i've played in a long time, loving it.
Quote by kennethdave
Less mids - warmer sound, and vice versa...more mids help you cut through the band as well when ur doing leads...

Less mids for a WARMER sound? You sure? My amp comes out sharp and cold the more I cut away...

So I boost instead.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
^, yeap, i'm sure...i work with mids a lot...so i got xperience with it...could vary with difrent amps though....but i'm not sure bout urs....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Quote by benjo48
i clicked on this cos i thort it sed mind controls - damn u!

me too