So im trying to decide on a new neck pickup to help make my clean sound better ... cause right now i have a bridge pickup in that slot... and it does not sound pritty. Im thinking so far that i will either get a Dimarzio Air Classic or a Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell for the neck spot. It will be going into a Homemade EVH wolfgang (not a Peavey wolfgang, I cut out the scalloped part on the head stock...lol) with a basswood body and flamed maple top. I play with a Peavey 6505+ halfstack, Now i know that the 6505+ is not your botique clean sounding amp, but im looking for a clean sound with some very slight crunch/OD. similar to mix of a Guns N roses Paradice city slash clean and an EVH live balance tour 51 seconds in clean on this Video. Although neither of these pickups will give those exact result i just want them to help my clean sound be a little brighter and cleaner. So this leads me to the Dimarzio Air Classic and Humbucker from hell... which would you pick and why? or perhaps another pickup from the ones i stated. Anyways any opinions or experiances with the pickups would be great. If you're unfamilar with the pickups take a look Here Anyways thanks in advanced.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
If you want brighter and cleaner then the HfH is probably the way to go.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you want brighter and cleaner then the HfH is probably the way to go.

+1

the hfh is a very bright neck pickup. It will clean up your sound very much
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I made this quick video on you tube, of playing my modified Jay Turser Explorer (still has stock neck pickup, I have no idea what it is though.) through my 6505+ Clean channel. I want the replacement neck pickup for my wolfgang to have a similar sound to that. So the HFH would be more than capable of doing this? Thanks for the input.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Last edited by Ethanb08 at Dec 24, 2008,
When using the Humbucker from hell on a high gain or overdriven channel will it be extremely trebley in the neck position or will it still be able to maintain a "Woman Tone" as Slash calls it, like heard on Sweet Child of Mine?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
it will maintain the woman tone.

it will be even better than the sound you currently have. More articulate and clear
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Sweet thanks for the reassurance i just ordered one last night.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust