I just had this idea run through my head about two hours ago. I was bored out of my mind listening to random songs out of Dance Dance Revolution, and I thought it would be really cool to make a metal version of Cartoon Heroes by Aqua.

Cool thought in place, I booted up Guitar Pro, and to my surprise... no tabs on UG. So I go to Google and start looking for a MIDI file, figuring I'd just import it. No dice. The only MIDI file I can find is the slow version, and I'm shooting for a speed metal type thing here.

If I could even figure out what key the damn song's in, that would help. So, I reach out to you, my fellow UGers. Will you help me turn Dance into Metal? A full blown tab of the original would be awesome, but just about anything will help at this point.
You know how sometimes you get the feeling that nobody's really listening?

Yeah, welcome to the internet.
Use Guitar Pro - get the scores for keyboard from teh internet or something and then put on something heavy like Distortion Guitar, work from there, adding tking away different parts and adding drums n stuff
Yeah, I'm trying to find them. I've been searching non-stop since I thought of this. I was hoping somebody had a link to a MIDI site or something.

Quote by Demonikk
Why not just speed up the MIDI?

The slow version has an orchestra, whereas the fast version is the electronic one that would make an awesome metal song if I could just get past the first step. The slow one doesn't have the main catchy melody of the fast one.

Last edited by trueguitarhero at Dec 24, 2008,
Worse comes to worse, you could get this software ($50) and figure out the key (I have the sped up mix too, making it metal should be hilarious).

And I don't think this is the right section...there are dedicated tabs sections on UG...maybe a mod can move it.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101