i am using an ibanez sa160 and i play metal and some pink floyd and rhcp... if there's anything better in the same price range plz let me know..thanx
wanna play in a band or just at bedroom levels??
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
The Cube is good and very cheap while the Valveking is that bit more expensive. It is at least a valve amp but that aside, I found it nothing special. Valve amps are also rather more limited in the home. If it was me, I'd get the Peavey Vypyr 75w instead.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I second the Vyper suggestion, but out of the 2 you listed I personally would choose the valveking. It will be something that will last you at least if you needed to play a few shows with it and the Cube would not be so great for gigging.
the cube 60 is loud enough to be heard with a drummer. id also get the peavy vyper in your case though.
Better for bedroom playing and flexible practice. The higher-powered Vypyr (75w probably best bet) will be good to go along with a drummer/bassist/vocalist.

Not everybody needs a tube amp. Vypyr's one of the better solid state choices.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
there is nothing wrong with any of these amps I personally would get the cube if you're gonna be playing at home only
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Get Vypyr
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
get the VYPYR 60 TUBE (HYBRID) + SANPERA II/I FOOTSWITCH
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
get the VYPYR 60 TUBE (HYBRID) + SANPERA II/I FOOTSWITCH

hella true. I think it's got a tube or 2 in the preamp and then a completely tube power amp (6L6 powered I think?).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
get teh valveking, you'll thank me in the long run for telling you to get a tube amp
Quote by hxckma
get teh valveking, you'll thank me in the long run for telling you to get a tube amp

The vypyr is really better than the VK, especially the tube vypyrs.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

The VK is than the vypyr, especially with mods. I would get a Vypyr though if I wanted a solid state practice amp.
Quote by oneblackened

1) Tube vypyrs haven't came out, how would you know how they sound?
2) I know vypyrs are great, but the one I played only beats my VK in the tight bass response (the circuitry, of course)
3) Either one is good, I'd agree with vypyr if TS definition of 'metal' is anything heavier than Trivium. Otherwise, the VK is a great amp (with a new speaker, everyone knows peavey's speaker are ****) for the genres. The effects of the Vypyr may help TS as well.

We'll agree to disagree
For a turn key amp I would say go with the VYPYR.

Heres the reasoning behind it..

With it there is no need for a speaker swap, eq pedal, od pedal, other effect pedals, 1/4 connector mod, patch cable mod and no tubes to deal with.

Its an amp you can sit down turn on and go. Now if your have everything listed already then sure the vlaveking would be a great little tube amp and then it would cover alot of ground. But if you dont have the budget for all that stuff go with the VYPYR.