Hi there,
last year I bought a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade (50w combo). It's at my dorm now and is a tad bit too big to carry around with me when I'm going home and as I have my own laptop now it would be great to be able to play the guitar on it when I'm somewhere else and most importantly I want to be able to record my stuff as well...
So I thought a Pod Studio would be my best bet, kind of confusing as I always remembered it as a toneport...
I can afford the GX, UX1 or UX2. But I don't want to waste money on features I don't even plan on using... if you know what I mean, what's the point eh

So what it needs to do:
- Record my guitarplay
- Don't know if it's possible but record my physical amp?
- Maybe headphone support as well but I can just hook it directly at my laptop anyways right?

erhm... That's about it I guess, what are the main advantages of the more expensive versions? Do they all perform equally?

Thanks a lot
< Stop caring, start collecting >
UX2, mic your amp. Riffworks sounds like it'd work for you too, it lets you record loops and etc, check it out
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
If you wanted to use any kind of decent mic, you'd want the UX1. Otherwise, the GX should be fine.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by Robbbbb
UX2, mic your amp. Riffworks sounds like it'd work for you too, it lets you record loops and etc, check it out

You mean the UX2 is the only one that can mic my amp?

Quote by SSL27
If you wanted to use any kind of decent mic, you'd want the UX1. Otherwise, the GX should be fine.

Do you imply that there is a difference in decency/quality between the UX1 and the GX then?

thanks for the quick responses
All there really is for difference is the mic input on the UX1.

To answer your other question as well. The UX1 can mic your amp too. Getting a UX2 would just give you a bunch of inputs your not going to use.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
yeah ux1 is all you need, i bought it.

the main difference i found was that the ux2 had some analogue displays on the box which i prob wouldnt use, although they look nice.

you can mic up (and line out) your amp into ux1, so thats all you really need.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
If you plan on using a condensor mic you'll need to buy a phantom power box if you get the UX1, the UX2 has it built-in.
Quote by Meatball200
If you plan on using a condensor mic you'll need to buy a phantom power box if you get the UX1, the UX2 has it built-in.

I have no idea what a condensor mic is so I guess I'll not need it :p

Thanks for the replies everyone, UX1 it is then