I was given a Traynor Bloc50G amp for Christmas. I managed to track down that it is an '84, 50watt, One "10 speaker and its a solid state amp. My question is, Can I use any kind of footswitch for it such as this one.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cliff-FCR6919P-Dual-Button-Amp-Footswitch?sku=158006

Like I said my amp allows for a footswitch and didn't come with one. I tried looking at traynor's site and they don't even list the Bloc50G as a discontinued product. Please help me.
-Nick
How many channels has your amp? And just look if it has a "Footswitch Input" or similar, it looks most of the time like a normal inputjack.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
My amp as the imput in the back for a footswitch, it also had a jack for headphones, and an effects loop( the send and receive) Also my amp has Imput A and Imput B.
See my myspace for pictures. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=77224675&albumId=2534799
I'm not sure if the footswitch is going to switch on and off the overdrive, or will it switch from Imput A to imput B???
If it has just two channels, i'd suggest you a simpler footswitch. And i believe the Footswitch changes between the channels and not between the input section. You can use every Footswitch that are similar to the following:

Fender Footswitch
Marshall Footswitch
Noname Footswitch

I'm sure there are much more out therem and i'm pretty sure that they will work.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
yeah. i dont know how you would know if the reverb or loop is switchable, so id just get a one button. go to your local store and see what they have