Is it actually enough to gig with on its own, assuming that it's miked? (The amp I'm thinking about is an Ampeg J-12T, so the cleans don't break up much).

If not, would I be able to hook the amp to an extension cab for a bit more volume?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
if you can mic it then you will definatly be loud enough. for small gigs you probably could use it unmic'd
i've played a small gig and band rehersals with a Laney VC15 and it held up very well, it wasn't even miked.
What's the biggest gig I could do with it miked? Maybe a couple of hundred at a pinch, or is that pushing it?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
What's the biggest gig I could do with it miked? Maybe a couple of hundred at a pinch, or is that pushing it?

you could play a stadium with big enough PA

im thinking theres some misunderstanding going on here

by miked you mean its being put through a PA system right?

that would give you helluva volume, the amp size is irrelevant really
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by shadow__666

Well it held up well inside a school hall. But bigger venues means bigger PAs, so it'll be fine.
Ok it's just that I know nothing about PAs, since up to now I've mostly either been singing or playing guitar at parties on a borrowed Bogner Uberschall head (it spoils ya).
Quote by Cathbard
I've played a small-ish (about a hundred, hundred fifty people) show with my 15w Marshall MG unmiked. You should be fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I've played a small-ish (about a hundred, hundred fifty people) show with my 15w Marshall MG unmiked. You should be fine.

Oof. MG...Please buy a new amp now!
Those Ampeg jets are about 20 watts, and they don't break up that much, even though they don't have that much juice.

They're loud.
Quote by imgooley
Those Ampeg jets are about 20 watts, and they don't break up that much, even though they don't have that much juice.

They're loud.

I love that amp. And you can get it to break up...just gotta kick the tone up a bit. That amp's tone and volume controls work together very dynamically. I had a gold pin JJ ACC883 in the fist gain stage of mine, and got lots of juicy american raunch out of mine.
Quote by AJS19
Oof. MG...Please buy a new amp now!

This was about six months ago in like June, man. See my sig.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??