Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good tube amp head to put through my Valve Junior Cab, and probably eventually through a different 1x12. I want it to be anything from 20-50 watts all tube, nothing over 50 watts. I'll be playing my Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Classic Player 60's Strat (getting it tomorrow!!) through it. I play anything from classic rock and blues to metal (my Valveking can handle that nicely). I'd like to spend no more than $700 USD on it.

I've been looking at the Egnater Rebel 20, from the sound clips I've heard, it sounds really nice for what I want. I don't need spectacular cleans at all, but the overdrive on the Egnater sounds really good. Thoughts on this amp? Better amps than this in my budget?

I will be trying out whatever you guys recommend in GC if they have it in stock, and I'll also be trying out the Egnater, but for now, I'm just trying to get a feel for what's out there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Egnater Rebel is good, but for some other cool small tube heads at that price point check out the Orange Tiny Terror and Krank Revolution Jr.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Egnater Rebel is good, but for some other cool small tube heads at that price point check out the Orange Tiny Terror and Krank Revolution Jr.

I checked out the Tiny Terror...I'm not really sure what to think about it. It sounds kind of muddy to my ears, and it's not as versatile. How's the Krank?
What's the power rating of the VJ cab?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think he meant ohms. you have to match the speaker impedence to match the head. but if not, then id say try out the egnator. It sounds like it would fit you perfect. the tiny terror is great but if you dont like the tone it gives you wont like it. I think the egnator would be perfect.
Laney GH 50L? It would suit your styles perfectly. It has nice gain for metal, a perfect britisch classic rock chruch and not to sparkling cleans. Could be a little big for your cab, though Dont know about the prices, i got mine for 700. Defenetly worth a look IMO.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by enalsisiht
I think he meant ohms. you have to match the speaker impedence to match the head. but if not, then id say try out the egnator. It sounds like it would fit you perfect. the tiny terror is great but if you dont like the tone it gives you wont like it. I think the egnator would be perfect.

Oh. 16 ohms...the Egnater has outputs for 4, 8, and 16 though.

Quote by OrangeWalls
Laney GH 50L? It would suit your styles perfectly. It has nice gain for metal, a perfect britisch classic rock chruch and not to sparkling cleans. Could be a little big for your cab, though Dont know about the prices, i got mine for 700. Defenetly worth a look IMO.

Thanks!! I'll definitely look into them. Do you know if they have em at GC?
Quote by OrangeWalls

Pretty expensive in the US

I doubt any GCs carry them
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Pretty expensive in the US

I doubt any GCs carry them

Yeah, I just looked it up. I don't know...I'll definitely try the Rebel, though. I've heard great things about them.
the egnater is AWESOME I would get one if I had the money, it's got great OD for blues and classic rock I say go for it.

but also try out the Orange Tiny terror; great amp also
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era